Sponsored

Reality Check for this Jeeper

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
So. Jeep#8 for me was a 2020 JL rubi in black. Love it. I have only put maybe 4K miles on it (thx COVID for that ). I’m currently modding it for my daughter. Love the angry grill she picked..... not so much the pink fushia she wants everywhere.... but this isn’t why I’m posting.

I’m freaking mad. Like hella hair gonna turn flame red mad.

I have been spoiled I think. Every Jeep buying experience has been not only fun, but I always walk away having learned a lil bit more and excited for my purchase/order. I have also had good experiences at Mercedes, jag, and Mini Cooper (don’t judge, go karts on acid are crazy fun to drive).

Since I’m keeping “my” daughters rubi, I decided not to order my dream color Jeep... yup it’s GECKO.... and instead branch out and order a 2022 Land Rover Defender. I had my reasons for going typical suv over a new jlu.
Saturday I went to the dealership. Usually sales ppl are very helpful and polite. Jeep sales ppl must all have adhd like me bc they are all so hyped up to go over features etc. Kinda got the opposite at Land Rover on Saturday. Sales guy popped in and out. I knew more about the defender than he did (and he owns one). To put it bluntly, he was too busy, came off as rude, and didn’t seem to care that I made an appt with him to order a custom defender with mods. When it came time to sit down and actually order my lr, he passed me off to his assistant who was very cordial, but lacking in knowledge. I’m guessing he is new. To me, ordering is like hella important and since I’m a jeeper, not a lr girl, I would’ve liked my sales guys input as I built (even tho I did my research and walked in knowing what I wanted). It was a crappy experience. Like it didn’t matter if I bought one or walked out. No one would have noticed or cared.

Called sales guy on Monday.... hadn’t placed order - would call me back.
Called this Tuesday morning..... still waiting for my build to be submitted. He will “check on it and get back to me”. Like.... seriously? I’m totally feeling like I’m the idiot for using this sales guy. FYI, my guy and I spoke to the sales guy multiple times before heading to the dealership and he was great over the phone, even turned me on to some wheels I fell in love with (which I already ordered woohoo). Unfortunately, this is the nearest dealership so I need to not go all “jenne Irish” on him and stay focused on the goal. But dude is on thin ice. Which means nothing to this forum I know.
This ongoing ridiculous buying experience has made me really aware just how great our Jeep dealerships are. How much they care and enjoy educating and selling us the coolest vehicles out there. This Jeep forum is full of funny, helpful, all around supportive and smart jeepers. I love coming to this forum and bee-booping around reading all sorts of hints and stories and viewing all the great mods ppl have done. The defender forum is mostly just ppl complaining and going back and forth about wheels and tires. There’s very little happiness going on there. Maybe defender owners don’t do forums, or only take the time post if it’s negative - idk.

so THANK YOU to the moderators and creators of this great forum.
THANK YOU to everyone who posts, replies, or even just lurks around bc we jeepers are a rare breed...... charismatic, energetic, mostly polite, but always helpful and fun people.
THANK YOU to our Jeep Dealerships who love our Jeep’s as much as we do.

My realty check is in full force, and while being unhappy about my lr experience isn’t really related to our jeep forum, I felt a shout out was necessary to acknowledge how much I appreciate living in our “Jeep World” surrounded by all of you.
Owning a jeep isn’t just a vehicle we drive, it’s a life style and attitude we all adopt and I can think of no better, safer, more wonderful community to bring my daughter into as she transitions from passenger to driver. (Deep breaths and thank goodness for steel bumpers).

CHEERS to the dealerships, service departments, sales teams, after market companies, forum moderators, and to every jeeper on this forum and out in the wild.

THANK YOU AND LETS GO GET TOPLESS AND MUDDY
I stopped reading after "Angry Grill". That alone made me hella mad.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Youre hella mad because you are installing an angry grill on a family Jeep. Too much aggression in your home.
***silly joke***
Omg ong i soooo needed that laugh! Ty!

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Me too me too.... not a fan if the angry grill.
Can’t you talk her out of the Angry Grille at least? And maybe also try to talk her out of that Pink fucksha or whatever that color's name is?

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Can’t you talk her out of the Angry Grille at least?
one would think OP's favorite jeep color would be "hella yella" :LOL:

i think we really need to see more pics of the person in your avatar (You?) before we can make informed comments. i think i speak for all of us here (the guys, maybe a few girls too). :dance:

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
It’s normal today for sales people to not know anything about their stock. No excuse about they have a lot to learn. That’s bullshit. Every Jeep salesman I spoke with did not know shit about the wrangler.
This is a good callout. There’s a difference between someone in it for the long haul and someone in it for a quick buck.

In the buying subsection of this forum, have you noticed that the recommended or referred salespeople are usually older, experienced and have been in the business for a long time?

The dealerships that want to turn over as many keys to their customers per month also performance manage their salespeople to the point where, internally, they have a very large revolving door - high amount of churn.

Their hiring practices set the bar so low that almost anyone can get hired and work the sales floor. I am not justifying the behavior but most are working at the dealer either because they’re under qualified for anything else or until something else (maybe better?) comes along or both. Seldom are there salespeople who actually want to be there.

The whole process is toxic and cyclical - consumers are as much to blame as well as the dealer and the employee. We demand the lowest prices and play dealer over dealer and don’t care about the salespeople at these dealerships.
It’s their job to sell and make money after all, why do I care if they get paid or not?!
Well, that’s why. The consumer shopping tactics buyers play aren’t sustainable for most dealerships. While we see pushy salespeople as aggressive, some see us as a means to allow them to keep their jobs and get paid.

The employee that the OP dealt with has either made his month and doesn’t care or is on the verge of getting terminated and has other opportunities lined up that he’s pursuing. No excuse for bad service.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
We've bought 2 vehicles, the Jeep and a Navigator, through the free service this guy offers. Give it a try and listen to his radio show. He really like Rover products, but warns not to keep them out of warranty.

https://www.carprousa.com/

Maybe you should get a 392 Wrangler in Gecko. It'll keep far more of it's value than any Rover product that you can buy new right now.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
This Jeep forum is full of funny, helpful, all around supportive and smart jeepers. I love coming to this forum and bee-booping around reading all sorts of hints and stories and viewing all the great mods ppl have done.
I just bought a new BMW last week - and I am amazed at how little community there is online with forums. Barely any activity - and most people just complaining about CarPlay.

I get that Jeeps are more like Lego and you can build your own if you like - but...

This forum has spoiled me and I come back every day for exactly what you mentioned.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
one would think OP's favorite jeep color would be "hella yella" :LOL:

i think we really need to see more pics of the person in your avatar (You?) before we can make informed comments. i think i speak for all of us here (the guys, maybe a few girls too). :dance:
Agreed. She really doesn't look like a Karen. So it would help identifying that the dealer indeed sucks. And also, it will help us to know if the angry grill might work out. In some, very rare and cute scenarios, an angry grill will work out with the driver. But we would need to see pictures to know for sure.

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I had a similar bad experience at a Chevy dealership years ago. They didn't get my business nor any since.
As a first time Jeep owner when I bought my JL 2dr Jan 2020 I also really appreciate this forum. Learned much before joining the Wrangler club and after. I must have lucked out with my dealer experience. It was really good. Sales and service have been great but then again, I haven't had any problems to complain about to them. Might make a dealer experience difference going in with a frown instead of my constant Wrangler driving grin.

Sponsored

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
I share unfortunately some of the same frustration. I purchased my 21 JLUR, which is my favorite of the Jeeps I’ve owned, but my least favorite of the buying experiences. Ordered this one, just like my last and frustration set in around the slow ordering process, including the dealer incorrectly entering my paint color choice, which I caught and took them forever to correct. Also, the knowledge of the actual wranglers by the sales folks leaves a lot to be desired. No angry grille for me. Thanks for sharing everyone.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
So. Jeep#8 for me was a 2020 JL rubi in black. Love it. I have only put maybe 4K miles on it (thx COVID for that ). I’m currently modding it for my daughter. Love the angry grill she picked..... not so much the pink fushia she wants everywhere.... but this isn’t why I’m posting.

I’m freaking mad. Like hella hair gonna turn flame red mad.

I have been spoiled I think. Every Jeep buying experience has been not only fun, but I always walk away having learned a lil bit more and excited for my purchase/order. I have also had good experiences at Mercedes, jag, and Mini Cooper (don’t judge, go karts on acid are crazy fun to drive).

Since I’m keeping “my” daughters rubi, I decided not to order my dream color Jeep... yup it’s GECKO.... and instead branch out and order a 2022 Land Rover Defender. I had my reasons for going typical suv over a new jlu.
Saturday I went to the dealership. Usually sales ppl are very helpful and polite. Jeep sales ppl must all have adhd like me bc they are all so hyped up to go over features etc. Kinda got the opposite at Land Rover on Saturday. Sales guy popped in and out. I knew more about the defender than he did (and he owns one). To put it bluntly, he was too busy, came off as rude, and didn’t seem to care that I made an appt with him to order a custom defender with mods. When it came time to sit down and actually order my lr, he passed me off to his assistant who was very cordial, but lacking in knowledge. I’m guessing he is new. To me, ordering is like hella important and since I’m a jeeper, not a lr girl, I would’ve liked my sales guys input as I built (even tho I did my research and walked in knowing what I wanted). It was a crappy experience. Like it didn’t matter if I bought one or walked out. No one would have noticed or cared.

Called sales guy on Monday.... hadn’t placed order - would call me back.
Called this Tuesday morning..... still waiting for my build to be submitted. He will “check on it and get back to me”. Like.... seriously? I’m totally feeling like I’m the idiot for using this sales guy. FYI, my guy and I spoke to the sales guy multiple times before heading to the dealership and he was great over the phone, even turned me on to some wheels I fell in love with (which I already ordered woohoo). Unfortunately, this is the nearest dealership so I need to not go all “jenne Irish” on him and stay focused on the goal. But dude is on thin ice. Which means nothing to this forum I know.
This ongoing ridiculous buying experience has made me really aware just how great our Jeep dealerships are. How much they care and enjoy educating and selling us the coolest vehicles out there. This Jeep forum is full of funny, helpful, all around supportive and smart jeepers. I love coming to this forum and bee-booping around reading all sorts of hints and stories and viewing all the great mods ppl have done. The defender forum is mostly just ppl complaining and going back and forth about wheels and tires. There’s very little happiness going on there. Maybe defender owners don’t do forums, or only take the time post if it’s negative - idk.

so THANK YOU to the moderators and creators of this great forum.
THANK YOU to everyone who posts, replies, or even just lurks around bc we jeepers are a rare breed...... charismatic, energetic, mostly polite, but always helpful and fun people.
THANK YOU to our Jeep Dealerships who love our Jeep’s as much as we do.

My realty check is in full force, and while being unhappy about my lr experience isn’t really related to our jeep forum, I felt a shout out was necessary to acknowledge how much I appreciate living in our “Jeep World” surrounded by all of you.
Owning a jeep isn’t just a vehicle we drive, it’s a life style and attitude we all adopt and I can think of no better, safer, more wonderful community to bring my daughter into as she transitions from passenger to driver. (Deep breaths and thank goodness for steel bumpers).

CHEERS to the dealerships, service departments, sales teams, after market companies, forum moderators, and to every jeeper on this forum and out in the wild.

THANK YOU AND LETS GO GET TOPLESS AND MUDDY
My wife loves her 110 Defender....we actually bought it out of state and had it shipped as part of a greaet deal from LR of Omaha....she is a die hard JLR fan(she has had 7 now, none had problems!!), me, I am a die hard Wrangler guy(my 2020 recon is #7 for me!)....

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Can’t you talk her out of the Angry Grille at least? And maybe also try to talk her out of that Pink fucksha or whatever that color's name is?
Gee..... why didn’t I think of that 😜. I have tried to reason with her. I did not have the whole jeep wrapped pink as she asked.... just went with pink slasher graphics.... pretty much everything I’m doing is removable..... fingers crossed.....

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
My wife loves her 110 Defender....we actually bought it out of state and had it shipped as part of a greaet deal from LR of Omaha....she is a die hard JLR fan(she has had 7 now, none had problems!!), me, I am a die hard Wrangler guy(my 2020 recon is #7 for me!)....
True ❤
Sponsored