Advice for a new Jeeper

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
For reference, here’s my doodle in the back of my 2-door with the back seat removed:

IMG_6813-X3.jpg

I love my 2-door, but there is a lot less space than the 4-door for sure.
Sponsored

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
C9FC69F1-D35A-44B9-BBAE-0E3EADD62533.jpeg
Hey Team,

The wife and I are considering jumping head first into a JL. I am working in SoCal for the next couple of weeks and am entertaining the idea of buying it here and then road tripping back to GA with the wife where we live. I want to use this Jeep for trail running and camping. Current rigs are our 2009 extended cab Sierra and 2013 std can 5slug Tacoma.

I know I want the limited slip diff for sure as an option. I am not afraid to wrench (regear, shocks etc). The rubicon’s are outside the budget. I also don’t plant on rock crawling. My question is whether or not I’m leaving too much on the table with the Sport model? Want to keep it around 30k regarding pricing. Is it worth getting the two door instead of the four door and shooting for a sport S? I drove the Sport JLU two days ago and liked it, dealer wanted 36k though which was 6k over the posted internet price. Only complaint was the manual roll down windows.

Side note: Will a Yellow lab fit in the back of the JLU? Or would the rear seats need to come out?

So many options! Thanks for taking the time. I’m afraid I’ll make the wrong choice.
I think if your thinking of doing a full overlanding kind of thing then a JLU may be more practical for your situation however it would of course be more expensive. If you don’t plan on sleeping in your Jeep while you camp, remember there are roof rack options to combine with the trunk space for the 2 door to give you more in terms of cargo storage. I have a 2 door Sport S and love it. The added amenities such as power locks and power windows will help save you from going crazy (having to manually unlock your car every time in all weather conditions) and not to mention the upgraded uconnect screen is amazing. Your question asking whether or not a lab will fit in the back of a JLU is definelty a yes! Matter of fact I have a 100lb Bernese Mountain dog that fits in the back just fine without the rear seat removed, just folded back. I’ll attach a picture.

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
649EAA3D-56AB-49B4-AB36-F2EA39370D9C.jpeg
C9FC69F1-D35A-44B9-BBAE-0E3EADD62533.jpeg

I think if your thinking of doing a full overlanding kind of thing then a JLU may be more practical for your situation however it would of course be more expensive. If you don’t plan on sleeping in your Jeep while you camp, remember there are roof rack options to combine with the trunk space for the 2 door to give you more in terms of cargo storage. I have a 2 door Sport S and love it. The added amenities such as power locks and power windows will help save you from going crazy (having to manually unlock your car every time in all weather conditions) and not to mention the upgraded uconnect screen is amazing. Your question asking whether or not a lab will fit in the back of a JLU is definelty a yes! Matter of fact I have a 100lb Bernese Mountain dog that fits in the back just fine without the rear seat removed, just folded back. I’ll attach a picture.