Sponsored

Ready to pull a Thelma/Louise with my JKU- I will not go over the cliff with it!!! HELP!!!

JKU_migrane

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
I have a 2014 JKU, and I keep getting codes P0017 and P0019. The engine will die (especially if dropped into 500 RPMs or below), rough idle, and sputter on a cold start. Needless to say, I cannot get in my jeep, start it and go without it stalling on me. Now if I let her warm up, she will drive beautifully until the traction control light pops on, then she goes into limp mode. However, I can put the jeep in neutral, turn it off, restart it, and drop it in drive then the traction control light will disappear. She will drive fine. I can turn the engine off, and restart it, and no traction control light. Now, I have replaced the camshaft position sensor, and the code is still there. Some people are suggesting a timing issue, however, I do not think it is a timing issue. If it was, I don't think it would drive as well as it does when the engine is warm. Therefore, it makes me think it is an oil issue. I did an oil change with 5w-20 and drove for about 700 miles, then thought changing the oil would fix the issue. I changed the oil weight and put 5w-30 full synthetic in, and the P0017 and P0019 code disappeared but was replaced with P000A and P000B. Those codes only showed up for a day, then disappeared and the P0017 and P0019 returned. Now I must add, I did check the timing chain and it is tight. I have taken it to 2 shops, and they have done diagnostics and are completely stumped as am i. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Show less
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase