Sponsored

My speaker started making static noises when I go over bumps. Help?

csspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
My driver side upper dash speaker just started producing short bursts of relatively loud static-type noise while going over bumps or choppy pavement. The first time I heard it I thought a light had come loose from my roof rack and was bumping and rubbing against the window frame!

I haven't done a whole lot of testing, but so far I've heard the sound either with the radio turned all the way down, or completely off. I pulled the speaker out and all the connections look fine. I had the Jeep turned on and poked around at the speaker wires and it didn't produce the noise. I've also tried banging on the dash in various locations to try and reproduce the sound, which didn't work. Clearly something is shorting out or there's a loose wire somewhere, but I have no clue where to even begin.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My driver side upper dash speaker just started producing short bursts of relatively loud static-type noise while going over bumps or choppy pavement. The first time I heard it I thought a light had come loose from my roof rack and was bumping and rubbing against the window frame!

I haven't done a whole lot of testing, but so far I've heard the sound either with the radio turned all the way down, or completely off. I pulled the speaker out and all the connections look fine. I had the Jeep turned on and poked around at the speaker wires and it didn't produce the noise. I've also tried banging on the dash in various locations to try and reproduce the sound, which didn't work. Clearly something is shorting out or there's a loose wire somewhere, but I have no clue where to even begin.

Any help is appreciated!
We recommend having your dealer look into this for you. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

chopy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS

Any help is appreciated!
I have the exact noises coming from the middle top where the speakers are located, but i think it is not the speaker itself but more like a cable banging. I don't know what to do. The dealer said they can't hear anything. When in the morning here is cold it is doing it and later when hot it is not doing it anymore. I have sky one touch and i was wondering if it is not the roof?

Do you find a solution?

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Mine passenger front, started to do this yesterday??? it was a cold day here in CO. This morning was warmer and it didn't do it. I am not 100% sure it was the speaker but maybe the windshield? I do have the Jeep cracks and i am thinking it could be not sealed completely and creaking a bit.

Firefly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ
My speaker in rollbar/sound bar developed a static noise and there is a noticable thump noise in that area everytime I start jeep. 2018 JL Sport Any thoughts, Jeep Cares?