Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Using a Wera Kraftform Kompakt 27 RA 2 for about 6mo now. Really enjoying it. In reality I find myself grabbing a cheap harbor freight freebee (flippable shank) more often, although it's not racheting. I find that the racheting screwdrivers are great in certain situations, but not all.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

My wife bought me a Klein for my birthday, I like it a lot. The ratcheting is super smooth and tight feeling, and the bit storage is solid with a good selection. Wishing I’d had one of these years ago 😂

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have one around that never gets used since I bought a real DeWalt cordless bit impact driver. If I'm doing a lot of screws, the DeWalt comes out. If it's one or two, a regular screwdriver works for me.

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Where is it made? I will pay more for something made in America.
It's actually made in Vancouver, Canada. Backordered like crazy last I checked though, as they are made in small batch, as the company making them is not a tool company primarily.

Hope that doesn't detract from your desire to purchase since it isn't "made in 'Merica"

Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Where is it made? I will pay more for something made in America.
The plastic is moulded and the screwdriver is assembled in BC Canada. The Ratchet is a modified megapro mechanism and like all of them is made in China.

Overall fit and finish is amazing and it is a quality part, and as good if not better than my OG Snapon orange ratcheting screw driver.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Just use a Dewalt impact with a magnetic bit adaptor and bit of choice and end it
Quit farting around with mommys tool set and get to work 🤪

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
It's actually made in Vancouver, Canada. Backordered like crazy last I checked though, as they are made in small batch, as the company making them is not a tool company primarily.

Hope that doesn't detract from your desire to purchase since it isn't "made in 'Merica"
Sorry, not interested.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My eggbeater drill was pretty handy...until i got the cordless driil..

s-l400.jpg

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

I've never really understood the use case of a ratcheting screwdriver. The way a screwdriver is shaped it's just as easy to palm it in those low torque spin in/out situations. .

Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never really understood the use case of a ratcheting screwdriver. The way a screwdriver is shaped it's just as easy to palm it in those low torque spin in/out situations. .
They are super useful if you are always using one. It was my most used screwdriver for interior stuff when I was a tech and 2nd behind the flat prybar screwdriver for everything else. And this one is made by PC enthusiasts where they are also very useful since you dont always have the best reach to 2 hand it because of space constraints.

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

They are super useful if you are always using one. It was my most used screwdriver for interior stuff when I was a tech and 2nd behind the flat prybar screwdriver for everything else. And this one is made by PC enthusiasts where they are also very useful since you dont always have the best reach to 2 hand it because of space constraints.
Yeah, but palming it is a one handed operation. Put the butt of the screwdriver in your palm, apply pressure and then use your fingers to turn it. You never have to lift.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but palming it is a one handed operation. Put the butt of the screwdriver in your palm, apply pressure and then use your fingers to turn it. You never have to lift.
Yes when you have access to the whole screwdriver sure, but when you are fighting between a CPU cooler, ram, or a gpu in tight confines its not really an option. Same thing in cars when you are trying to get that one last screw behind the dash to get the heater box out because you dont want to pull the whole dash a ratcheting screwdriver comes in clutch.

Every tool has its place Ive had some weird shit in my day because it made my job easier and I could make an extra hour or 2 on every job it needed, maybe that was 1 job a week maybe it was 4 who knows but something like this driver is a specialty tool that not everyone will need but if you have the cash for it and a use case its a fantastic tool to have.

4-play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Jeep Wrangler JL Ratcheting Screwdrivers 65DA6D1A-7FBA-4CB0-A266-7F85249FBD4F
I’ve had this one for 30+ years. It’s my go to screwdriver for just about everything

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Yes when you have access to the whole screwdriver sure, but when you are fighting between a CPU cooler, ram, or a gpu in tight confines its not really an option. Same thing in cars when you are trying to get that one last screw behind the dash to get the heater box out because you dont want to pull the whole dash a ratcheting screwdriver comes in clutch.

Every tool has its place Ive had some weird shit in my day because it made my job easier and I could make an extra hour or 2 on every job it needed, maybe that was 1 job a week maybe it was 4 who knows but something like this driver is a specialty tool that not everyone will need but if you have the cash for it and a use case its a fantastic tool to have.
Ok, just curious. I guess it's not that different than my Wera Zyklops, just lower profile at the head.
Sponsored