Sponsored

Rancho Performance Adjustable LCA's or Synergy?

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Our upper arm is on vehicle adjustable ;)

I considered both companies arms and went with Synergy. I have Synergy control arms and Rancho track bars. Both are high quality but I give the edge to Synergy for build and finish but the price is a bit high. I would have gone all Synergy but their front track bar is still in development. The dual durometer joints used in both are very similar.The main difference between the 2 companies control arms is the length adjustment mechanism. Bends for clearance also appear to be a bit different between the 2 sets.

Synergy arms can be adjusted for length while installed on the vehicle and use a pinch bolt to lock the arms down. It works just like the adjustor for the factory drag link. This makes it super easy to adjust for castor or to center the axle in the wheel well if changing spring height.

Ranchos arms use jam nuts to lock the arms length and the adjustment end needs to be removed from the vehicle to increase or decrease length.

FWIW on the Rancho front track bar locking the jam nut down while on the vehicle is a PITA as it is partially covered by the bracket but it can be done if you remove the steering stabilizer and get a crows foot wrench in there at an angle. No issues with the rear.
Why do you say this? Curious.
The specs on any adjustable LCAs are basically going to be the same. Avoid Rancho. Look at Metalcloak or Rock Krawler.
Sponsored

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I just received my Rock Krawler LCA's and they are heavy duty and very well built. My only regret now is I should have researched their clearance issues. You absolutely have to go with a 4.5 Back spaced Wheel or you will get rubbing and at this time I don't feel like purchasing new wheels. I have the Rubicon Wheels on my Sport. I'm debating either returning them or selling them and going with the MetalCloaks or just hold on to the RK's until I upgrade wheels.

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I don't plan on a lift at this point so I would like to able to secure the brake lines the way the factory arms do. It looks like hanging down the force from catching brush or sticks gets transmitting to the fittings on the hose. A few of the aftermarket options have an attachment point, but Synergy isn't one of them. I plan to go with one of them when I try to improve my steering. I don't have a problem paying more for US made products.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I considered both companies arms and went with Synergy. I have Synergy control arms and Rancho track bars. Both are high quality but I give the edge to Synergy for build and finish but the price is a bit high. I would have gone all Synergy but their front track bar is still in development. The dual durometer joints used in both are very similar.The main difference between the 2 companies control arms is the length adjustment mechanism. Bends for clearance also appear to be a bit different between the 2 sets.

Synergy arms can be adjusted for length while installed on the vehicle and use a pinch bolt to lock the arms down. It works just like the adjustor for the factory drag link. This makes it super easy to adjust for castor or to center the axle in the wheel well if changing spring height.

Ranchos arms use jam nuts to lock the arms length and the adjustment end needs to be removed from the vehicle to increase or decrease length.

FWIW on the Rancho front track bar locking the jam nut down while on the vehicle is a PITA as it is partially covered by the bracket but it can be done if you remove the steering stabilizer and get a crows foot wrench in there at an angle. No issues with the rear.
Very helpful. thanks! I just ordered the racho track bars because Synergy didn't have a front bar out yet. And I wasn't sure if the cost difference was justified in a track bar. If I was running heavier wheels and tires or different axles, I would have been able to justify it.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So are Synergy.

We appreciate all the recommendations. There aren't a ton of companies still making their products domestically, but we are one of the few who build these parts inhouse.
I know this thread is a few weeks old but I have a question for Synergy. Why does your tie rod not look long enough for the Rubicon axel? This reason alone is pushing me in Steer Smarts direction. I have your control arms and would like all my steering componants to be from the same manufacture for obvious reasons. Is there a fix for this?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I know this thread is a few weeks old but I have a question for Synergy. Why does your tie rod not look long enough for the Rubicon axel? This reason alone is pushing me in Steer Smarts direction. I have your control arms and would like all my steering componants to be from the same manufacture for obvious reasons. Is there a fix for this?
I’ve got one on my rubicon and zero length issues......

Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Our tie rod was designed to fit both Rubicon and non-Rubicon models. Yes, they are different lengths. Non-Rubicons will be close to fully collapsed and Rubicons will be more extended. Both lengths are within the design constraints of the product and you will have ZERO issues when installed correctly.

Some pictures have begun surfacing of failed Steer Smarts tie rods and I personally haven't seen any failed Synergy JL Tie Rods. Not sure why everyone assumes Steer Smarts is so much better. They are certainly more expensive.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Our tie rod was designed to fit both Rubicon and non-Rubicon models. Yes, they are different lengths. Non-Rubicons will be close to fully collapsed and Rubicons will be more extended. Both lengths are within the design constraints of the product and you will have ZERO issues when installed correctly.

Some pictures have begun surfacing of failed Steer Smarts tie rods and I personally haven't seen any failed Synergy JL Tie Rods. Not sure why everyone assumes Steer Smarts is so much better. They are certainly more expensive.
I’m definitely not in the camp where I think Steer Smarts is so much better. Honestly, I think Steer Smarts has a bigger social media following that’s the main reason.
Sponsored