Sponsored

Rancho Performance Adjustable LCA's or Synergy?

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Reviews/recommendations wanted: I am going to buy a set of adjustable lower control arms and have narrowed it down to either Rancho or Synergy. Rancho is significantly less expensive yet the specs on both sets of arms is pretty much the same.

Any advice?

EDIT: I have the Mopar 2" lift kit installed at the dealer.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Reviews/recommendations wanted: I am going to buy a set of adjustable lower control arms and have narrowed it down to either Rancho or Synergy. Rancho is significantly less expensive yet the specs on both sets of arms is pretty much the same.

Any advice?

EDIT: I have the Mopar 2" lift kit installed at the dealer.
The specs on any adjustable LCAs are basically going to be the same. Avoid Rancho. Look at Metalcloak or Rock Krawler.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Synergy is a solid company. Their arms are built quite well, and most importantly they are using a joint that is far better than most of the competitors. Of your two options, I would definitely go with the Synergy.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Synergy. I’ve run their arms and they are top notch. Metalcloak too. Depending on the wheels you run the Rock Krawler arms aren’t bent for clearance, if that makes a difference.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Synergy. I’ve run their arms and they are top notch. Metalcloak too. Depending on the wheels you run the Rock Krawler arms aren’t bent for clearance, if that makes a difference.
I'm personally looking into Synergy over the Metalcloak because the Synergy arms are built heavier. I don't know of anyone damaging any Metalcloak arms, but better safe than sorry.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm personally looking into Synergy over the Metalcloak because the Synergy arms are built heavier. I don't know of anyone damaging any Metalcloak arms, but better safe than sorry.
I’m fan of both. You can’t really go wrong with either one. It’s up to the color now. Lol

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
The specs on any adjustable LCAs are basically going to be the same. Avoid Rancho. Look at Metalcloak or Rock Krawler.
Do you think I should also put on geometry correction brackets?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I’m fan of both. You can’t really go wrong with either one. It’s up to the color now. Lol
After holding a LCA from Metalcloak in one hand, and a Rock Krawler in the other, I have rethought about getting the MC control arms. I still think that they have an amazing product, but I want to check out some other options.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No they're bent the right way, up for ground clearance.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
After holding a LCA from Metalcloak in one hand, and a Rock Krawler in the other, I have rethought about getting the MC control arms. I still think that they have an amazing product, but I want to check out some other options.
Don't forget the Rock Krawler is guaranteed for life.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they're bent the right way, up for ground clearance.
As I said before. They are not bent for clearance if you’re not running the wheels they require. Has nothing to do with ground clearance. That’s a whole other matter.

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
I considered both companies arms and went with Synergy. I have Synergy control arms and Rancho track bars. Both are high quality but I give the edge to Synergy for build and finish but the price is a bit high. I would have gone all Synergy but their front track bar is still in development. The dual durometer joints used in both are very similar.The main difference between the 2 companies control arms is the length adjustment mechanism. Bends for clearance also appear to be a bit different between the 2 sets.

Synergy arms can be adjusted for length while installed on the vehicle and use a pinch bolt to lock the arms down. It works just like the adjustor for the factory drag link. This makes it super easy to adjust for castor or to center the axle in the wheel well if changing spring height.

Ranchos arms use jam nuts to lock the arms length and the adjustment end needs to be removed from the vehicle to increase or decrease length.

FWIW on the Rancho front track bar locking the jam nut down while on the vehicle is a PITA as it is partially covered by the bracket but it can be done if you remove the steering stabilizer and get a crows foot wrench in there at an angle. No issues with the rear.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
As I said before. They are not bent for clearance if you’re not running the wheels they require. Has nothing to do with ground clearance. That’s a whole other matter.
No, my point was the Rock Krawler arms are bent up for better ground clearance.
Sponsored