Rainy Test Drive - 1st Impressions

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Water pouring into the Jeep from the rain gutter..
IMG_3037.JPG.JPG
IMG_3040.JPG.JPG
IMG_3041.JPG.JPG
Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

same, the way it splatters all over the floor is pretty amateur hour

Pfizer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX sport, 392 ordered, C8 Z06 on list.
it sucks big time! it seems they didn't solve this issue that plagued the JK model, i was thinking to buy a JLU by the end of the year but with this issue i think I'm going to wait and see. Its a shame and its unbelievable FCA couldn't solve this issue and also they increased the price...

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
it sucks big time! it seems they didn't solve this issue that plagued the JK model, i was thinking to buy a JLU by the end of the year but with this issue i think I'm going to wait and see. Its a shame and its unbelievable FCA couldn't solve this issue and also they increased the price...
I purposely drove mine all day in a steady rain (it hasn't stopped ) while I ran errands. I got in and out of my JLUR several times and this never happened. It never leaked with drainage gutter or in the vehicle with the door closed. Period.

Sponsored

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purposely drove mine all day in a steady rain (it hasn't stopped ) while I ran errands. I got in and out of my JLUR several times and this never happened. It never leaked with drainage gutter or in the vehicle with the door closed. Period.
It's not a leak, it's a design flaw. Water should be redirected to the windshield or down the front pillars.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
A design flaw would mean that all JL"s have this, and they clearly dont.
It's not a leak, it's a design flaw. Water should be redirected to the windshield

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A design flaw would mean that all JL"s have this, and they clearly dont.
Clearly I'm not the only one, which is why this thread was started. My photos clearly show the problem, and so does this video

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Clearly I'm not the only one, which is why this thread was started. My photos clearly show the problem, and so does this video
I understand that. We all want a place to voice our concerns and vent about problems, I get it. But everyone panics and says "design flaw" or whatever.... I'm assuming that some people complaining about wind noise have never even driven a Jeep. And adding videos of the power soft top, an item that's yet to be released and that has a totally different valance further adds to the problem. We are all bound to have an issue or two, but let's not freak out.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was in one pretty good rain with mine and it didn't do it, either. Hmm. My JK does it. Never bothered me, though.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was in one pretty good rain with mine and it didn't do it, either. Hmm. My JK does it. Never bothered me, though.
I also tried to hear the rear wiper. I couldn't hear it with that pesky Alpine system playing!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
My JK did too, not horrible though, depending on the incline I was parked on. This one seems way more air tight, snd the way they did the rubber seals and drainage holes.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I also tried to hear the rear wiper. I couldn't hear it with that pesky Alpine system playing!
If I turn the system down, I can hear it. Just like every other freaking wiper!

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Ok just checking but, just considering physics here :
- if you’re parked downhill, water will run down towards the front as it rains (unless the door plugs in that gutter), and MAYBE then when you’ll enter the vehicle some water will get in, but it would take some serious rain to have that much water running in, and then it’s gonna get in the door anyways...
- if you’re parked uphill, water will run down towards the BACK as it rains, and then no water will enter the vehicle this way when you enter it
-if you’re parked on a perfectly flat surface, chances are very low that so much water will be running down this direction...

So what happened there ?
Is that even a real thing or some hoax to scare people/blame jeep ?!

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok just checking but, just considering physics here :
- if you’re parked downhill, water will run down towards the front as it rains (unless the door plugs in that gutter), and MAYBE then when you’ll enter the vehicle some water will get in, but it would take some serious rain to have that much water running in, and then it’s gonna get in the door anyways...
- if you’re parked uphill, water will run down towards the BACK as it rains, and then no water will enter the vehicle this way when you enter it
-if you’re parked on a perfectly flat surface, chances are very low that so much water will be running down this direction...

So what happened there ?
Is that even a real thing or some hoax to scare people/blame jeep ?!

Real? lol. I posted real photos. There's also a video. I love my Jeep, it's not a hate post, I'd tell anyone to get a Jeep, especially the new JL. I'm pointing out an issue, which others have too, and like anyone else, I'm looking for a solution.
Sponsored