Sponsored

Radio volume fluctuating

LibertasJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ (former), JL (current)
JLS with 7", just started listening to FM after having the Jeep for a year and a half. Volume issue is maddening. Never used to happen with XM, which is what I exclusively previously listened to. Dont think I even triggerd FM until last week.

Currentg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I have a 2018 JLSS with 25K miles and the 7 inch Uconnect system. I am having what I believe is the same problem. Sometimes when I start the jeep the volume of an FM station will be very low. I normally listen at volume level 8 but when this happens I have to turn it up to 20 - 25 to hear the radio at the same volume level as 8 normally puts out. Also I noticed that when moving the volume will fluctuate louder and softer every second or two. I have tried turning off the speed adj volume but that has no effect. Service bulletin S1808000155 states that changing modes from FM to AM will correct the issue for that instance (posted in another thread). Next time it happens I will give that a try. I have noticed that when it happens if I shut down the jeep and restart it, the problem goes away (hence I have not been able to get the service department to see it occurring).

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2018 JLSS with 25K miles and the 7 inch Uconnect system. I am having what I believe is the same problem. Sometimes when I start the jeep the volume of an FM station will be very low. I normally listen at volume level 8 but when this happens I have to turn it up to 20 - 25 to hear the radio at the same volume level as 8 normally puts out. Also I noticed that when moving the volume will fluctuate louder and softer every second or two. I have tried turning off the speed adj volume but that has no effect. Service bulletin S1808000155 states that changing modes from FM to AM will correct the issue for that instance (posted in another thread). Next time it happens I will give that a try. I have noticed that when it happens if I shut down the jeep and restart it, the problem goes away (hence I have not been able to get the service department to see it occurring).
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

T_square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
No end result - it's still intermittently an issue. It's definitely only the FM radio, any other audio source I choose behaves as expected.
Im having the same issue, except I only listen to my phone via Bluetooth. The volume will randomly droop out of nowhere with no input or notifications. Did you ever get it figured out?

Sponsored

pianoman8t8

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD
Ever get this sorted out? My 2022 is doing a similar thing with Bluetooth. When selected, it'll play at normal volume for a couple seconds, then drop out to really quite. If an ad comes up or I pause the music, and then play music again, it starts off at normal volume (loud) then drops off to quiet again after a couple seconds. Cannot seem to clear it. Tried pulling fuse, reset the radio, and remote start. Mute too. Nothing seems to get it to play normal volume more than a couple seconds. FM radio is unaffected