Sponsored

Quick Poll - Why You Choose Not To Wave?

Why Do You Not Wave (Jeep Wave) To Other Jeeps While Driving ??

• Total voters

jeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
At this moment 68.8% of respondents report driving while distracted / spaced out. That's scary to me. Put the phone down or pull over if you need to catch that pikachu. Crazy people...
Uhhh, this is me... I am usually distracted with uh driving.... and spaced out because I am paying attention the road around me not the types of cars I am passing...
Sponsored

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Don’t you guys just love the middle aged woman with the Jeep wave decal on the Mirror who dont wave :facepalm: that one always gets me -

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
If you add “ I’m not waving 23 times “ to the list I will vote. Sorry(not sorry) I don t wave, too many jeeps on the road. Plus people use to wave because you both had the same struggles. You both had the same experience: the ac sucked, the top leaked , ride like hell...etc. you both had the same struggle and still loved the Jeep. I know no such struggle in my jl. We don’t share in that bonding experience any more

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
to the 25 voters for "I think it's a stupid concept"
I have your names and will find you and wave...only it will be one finger you unfriendly sons of bitches :)

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
I wave when I notice another Wrangler but sometimes I am zoned and oblivious to my surroundings....So if your driving on 611 in Doylestown/Warminster/Warrington area and see a 2018 black Sahara with Eagles stickers on the rear and I don't wave please accept my apologies.
Go Eagles! I’m in Philadelphia and rarely got any wave back. So I don’t initiate the wave anymore. But will always wave back.

Sponsored

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
I'm a Jeep owner in the SF Bay Area and I always wave, but it's rare that they wave back. Maybe 1 in 20 will wave back, the others either didn't notice or give me the, I don't know you look. There are a lot of Jeeps out here, but most are just mall crawlers. The drivers are either too wrapped up in their phone or are oblivious to the culture. It doesn't stop me from waving and when they wave back, it makes it worth it.
The same in Philadelphia. I rarely got any wave back. I think most of those that don’t wave is driving a Jeep in a mean of transportation, not a life style.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I almost always wave. Often, I do not get a wave back--at least that I can see. This doesn't bother me nor should it.

When I wave, I do it to say, "hey, other driver, you 'get it': the pleasures of riding a Wrangler," not for the satisfaction of a return wave, although it's nice when it happens.

I know this social contract: that I might not get a wave back when I wave, going into the deal. I accept the fact that's life, and assign the lack of wave to one of the following types of people:

• The nice person who has no idea about the wave.
  • The not so nice persion who knows about the wave but would never do it.
  • The nice person who tried it, but is too insecure about not getting a wave back, or too bitter about it that they neither initiate or respond to a wave.
  • The nice person, who knows about the wave, and almost invariably does, but just got a call their child, or maybe their elderly parent just slipped, fell, and hurt themselves and has this on their mind in route to the scene.
  • The nice person who knows of the wave but is having a crappy day.

The list goes on. Please try waving, or at least waving back. Please don't be dissuaded from doing so simply because some don't wave back. It's nothing personal: many of these people are not waving to any Wrangler owner. A better world starts with you showing initiative regarding the gesture, and enough confidence in your own persona to realize it's their problem if they don't wave back, and that these people may have been victim of too many people previously like themselves to not wave back or insecurity.

True acts of kindness revolve around anonymity and no expectation of a thanks or acknowledgement.

Initiative is a cornerstone of making the world a better place. Another cornerstone is the ability to say to yourself, "it's them not me" should they not wave back or speaking in generalities, not say thanks.

Jeep wave y'all.

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
At this moment 68.8% of respondents report driving while distracted / spaced out. That's scary to me. Put the phone down or pull over if you need to catch that pikachu. Crazy people...
Speaking for myself only, I replied that way because I'm distracted BY DRIVING, not by my phone. Technically looking for other Jeeps to wave at is also a distraction.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Most wave in San Antonio, I see jeep leaving a High School, it waves, women, men, stock not stock everyone waves around here. EXCEPT, the bearded mountain-man in a TJ, alone, rarely waves.

Incidentally, Common for
Motorcycles to wave, even cross breed
Vehicles that are the same to a T
Any country two lane road outside of the city
Mini's older generation wave, most new generation don't
Rare cars makes

Doesn't cost nothing, hell you can wave without looking so you don't get offended if someone is sipping coffee, looking in the mirror, or adjusting the radio.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Go Eagles! I’m in Philadelphia and rarely got any wave back. So I don’t initiate the wave anymore. But will always wave back.
Go Cowboys !!! I'm in Dallas and we WAVE !!! ;):like::rock::jk:

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
The poll needs another choice:
Manual transmission - right hand busy shifting, left hand busy steering, no hand available for waving

Otherwise, waves are pretty common here. An exception is that I will not initiate a wave to Wranglers with angry/grumpy/constipated grilles. I figure these folks would prefer that I don’t intrude on their anti-social aura...
Sponsored