Sponsored

Quick Poll III - Why are you not taking off your doors?

Why are you not taking off your doors?

• Total voters

SOL-STLR

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
no room to hang the doors and the puppy doesn't know how to ride with doors off yet...she keeps wanting to jump out to catch the squirrels. So I take off the front for the weekends then back on for work mode during the week. :crying:
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to release the wiring harness on my door and can't get it off (I'm not weak). I had my Dad try in Toledo who builds the things in backrooms and he couldn't get it off. Forgot about it since I got my Sunrider.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I love driving without doors and with the top down. I’m fortunate to have secured parking when I go into the office. I have a tailgate lockbox and will eventually get the Slipstreame.

IMG_1788-X3.jpg

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Three other reasons. I don’t like cleaning mud and trail dirt out of the interior, don’t like getting smacked by branches on the trail, 80 pound chocolate lab needs a door lol

Sponsored

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have no place to store the doors/top if I remove them, not to mention no place to keep the Jeep inside either. So buttoned up I stay.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Never really thought about it. For me there are several reasons, in no particular order.

Security - My Jeep is my daily driver. It also spends a lot of time in the desert so I keep tools, survival stuff, overland equipment, etc in it. If I break down I can spend a night or two and be relatively comfortable and fed. Don't want that stuff to disappear.

Cleanliness - Driving a lot of miles on NV dirt roads will TRASH the inside of a vehicle and the occupants. I would rather keep as much of that stuff outside as possible.

Comfort - It gets freaking hot here. I don't like sitting in a hair dryer with the sun beating down on me. Being able to turn the A/C on and be relatively comfortable has a lot going for it.

That all said I like the looks of a doorless Jeep but it wouldn't work for me.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I live with my top open (sky one touch) but the doors just seem like a hassle. I have things I don’t want stolen. I don’t want to be soaked. I’d have to constantly take them on/off and find a place to put them. It’s cool when folks have theirs off, just not for me.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I chose the wrangler because I prefer truck based vehicles over cars, and vans and pickups don't fit me and my needs.

The wrangler is also a perfect tool for me to explore a new interest, off roading.

Removing the doors, the roof, and folding the windshield are of no interest to me. I haven't even popped the freedom panels once, in 18 months of ownership.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I chose the wrangler because I prefer truck based vehicles over cars, and vans and pickups don't fit me and my needs.

The wrangler is also a perfect tool for me to explore a new interest, off roading.

Removing the doors, the roof, and folding the windshield are of no interest to me. I haven't even popped the freedom panels once, in 18 months of ownership.
:surprised: Folding the windshield, and even taking the doors off I can understand. But how have you not even removed the freedom panels at least once to see what it was all about?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
:surprised: Folding the windshield, and even taking the doors off I can understand. But how have you not even removed the freedom panels at least once to see what it was all about?
Hahaha. There's been countless crappy days that made me think about popping them on the next nice day. Problem is that on the nice days, it doesn't come to mind. Lol

The freedom panel bag is still in the cargo area in the original sealed plastic bag from the factory.

HerJeep

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2-door Hellayella Willys (on order)
I'll be taking them off at the dealership when it gets here, and who knows when they'll be back on? Might just leave them there! ;)
Are you getting half doors? I'm having a hard time finding half doors I like for my 2020 2-door Willys.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Illegal in some states....... So would have to purchase other doors? Would rather spend my money on different things now? The illegal thing wasn't a choice on the Poll

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Are you getting half doors? I'm having a hard time finding half doors I like for my 2020 2-door Willys.
Probably not, I've never been too crazy about them, and since kiddo is still so small she's always gonna be in the back. Might look at them when she's old enough to sit up front but who knows!
Sponsored