First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
We're in need of high-level technical drawing expertise for an internal training document. My people will reach out to your people.

;)
wth hahaha my blower will go on fire?
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Anyone else with a '23 notice their front defroster actually works pretty well?

Knew about the plug work-around and was planning on doing that, but on regular 'auto' mode, I'll occasionally get a little fogging in the corners (usually on recirc), but after pressing the front defrost button it clears right up in a few seconds. Hopefully I'm not just imagining things!

Last edited:

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Anyone else with a '23 notice their front defroster actually works pretty well?

Knew about the plug work-around and was planning on doing that, but on regular 'auto' mode, I'll occasionally get a little fogging in the corners, but after pressing the front defrost button clears it right up in a few seconds. Hopefully I'm not just imaging things!
funny thing is mine works pretty good even with all the diverters and
Can you email me when your ready to sell. [email protected].
send me a message here i will let you know when i have it ready to ship

ill keep all the messages and get back to those who want a set , keep everything in one place its my adhd i cant control it lol , if i mix it all up ill forget or start something else :headbang::headbang::LOL:

Reactions: AFD

Kevin_S1126

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Been running with about 20 plugs for the last few years. Recently, I switched to 5 plugs and 2 diverters. The 2 diverters really do the deed very well.

20221213_162950 1.jpg

20221213_161918 1.jpg

20221213_161926 1.jpg
@Rhinebeck01, what plugs are you currently using? Are you able to post a link to them? I appreciate your time and assistance with this.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
compared to the JK and every previous vehicle I've owned, mine (and presumably everyone else's in this thread) does not work fine, the air distributions not equal from center to sides and the sides dont defrost
He means.... because he is a no frills kinda guy, it works fine for him...... kinda like people that rough it and say.... it was a VIP experience.... lol

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I wonder if your plastic plugs will melt during a hot summer day. As we know vehicles get very hot with the windows rolled up in the summer.

If they do melt it will cause one heck of a mess.
Not likely... I believe the melting point for the type of plastic is around 230° F.

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I think my vent cover is in its final form. We had some freezing rain recently and with one notch in the middle there were two spots of ice at about 10:30 and 1:30 near the top of the windshield, each about 6 inches in diameter. I cut two more notches near the ends of the cover and I'm getting good airflow at 10:30 and 1:30. I'm calling it good.

20190307_144059.jpg
Did you notice any increase i noise... the fan and airflow noise in these things alreasy sound like a jet engine.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
alllllmost the same idea as above , not sure how it works i never printed / used it

Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding the Windsheld defrost Screenshot 2023-01-04 234659
Sponsored