Question on led bulbs

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
So I just installed sv4 led bulbs from headlight revolution in place of my headlight halogen bulbs. The kit came with a pwm module but it doesn’t fit in the enclosed light. I also swapped my fogs for oracle leds. They did not have a pwm. Both have some sort of module in the harness that connects to the lights. Not sure what that is.

I tried all the lights without the pwm and they seem to be just fine. No flicker etc. Do I need the pwm? Tried calling HR but after waiting on hold 20 min, I gave up. Lol. For what it’s worth, 2023 JLUXR
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Both have some sort of module in the harness that connects to the lights. Not sure what that is.
Probably an anti-flicker module.

No flicker etc. Do I need the pwm?
You pretty much answered your own question. If they don't flicker, you shouldn't need the PWM.

OP
OP
MOOG5050

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
Probably an anti-flicker module.

You pretty much answered your own question. If they don't flicker, you shouldn't need the PWM.
Thanks Dave. Not sure why the extra $55 pwm was included in the package when you buy the headlight bulbs.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Not sure why the extra $55 pwm was included in the package when you buy the headlight bulbs.
Some vehicles need them, some don't. Don't toss them yet.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So I just installed sv4 led bulbs from headlight revolution in place of my headlight halogen bulbs.

I tried all the lights without the pwm and they seem to be just fine. No flicker etc. Do I need the pwm?
How is the quality of [terrestrial] radio station reception when the new LED headlight bulbs are turned on? Same as before, or now worse?

OP
OP
MOOG5050

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
How is the quality of [terrestrial] radio station reception when the new LED headlight bulbs are turned on? Same as before, or now worse?
No idea. Just installed them. Will let you know.
Sponsored