First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2020 JLU Rubicon with the standard, non led, halogen lights. I recently installed the Occulus Bi-LED Headlights and love them! They work perfectly and installation was a breeze.

I'm now looking to replace the standard halogen bulbs in the DRLs with LED bulbs, if possible. Are these bulbs, that I have linked below, truly plug and play? Can I just remove the existing DRL bulbs and plug in one of these bulbs on each side, without adding any resistors or having the system flashed by the dealer or a Tazer, etc? If no resistors are necessary, is there any chance that I might get a "bulb out" error message or hyperflashing? Thanks in advance for any info anyone can share with me.

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...led-upgrade?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2020
Sponsored

Pirate63

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL80
I just installed those same bulbs and the turn signal bulbs on my 2021 JL 80th Ann., which has Sahara fenders. They are truly plug and play and I have had no issues. They are polarized so there is a right and wrong way to instal them. No resistors or flash needed.

OP
OP
mark090852

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I just installed those same bulbs and the turn signal bulbs on my 2021 JL 80th Ann., which has Sahara fenders. They are truly plug and play and I have had no issues. They are polarized so there is a right and wrong way to instal them. No resistors or flash needed.
Did you originally have the Halogen lights, or did you have the LED lights package? If you replaced the halogen bulbs, it sounds like these are exactly what I am looking forward.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 Sahara that does not have the LED package so I assume these DRL bulbs will work ? Also how is the polarity determined ?

Pirate63

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL80
Did you originally have the Halogen lights, or did you have the LED lights package? If you replaced the halogen bulbs, it sounds like these are exactly what I am looking forward.
I had the original halogen bulbs, a clear DRL and an amber turn signal bulb.

Jeep Wrangler JL LED DRL Bulbs C69AEDF3-136A-40B5-8BE4-AD9F758600FF
Jeep Wrangler JL LED DRL Bulbs 08ABA984-6C68-4CE5-9CCC-DE51B67D2BD6

Sponsored

Pirate63

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL80
I have a 2018 Sahara that does not have the LED package so I assume these DRL bulbs will work ? Also how is the polarity determined ?
If you have the clear DRL and amber turn signal I would say you are good to go. Oracle addresses the polarity in this attachment. Hope this helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL LED DRL Bulbs 1197D78C-0BF6-4C07-AABE-076D7B6AC8A8

Pcherron

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Clubs

These bulbs did not fit my 2020 sahara. I had halogen white and amber originals.

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
If you have the clear DRL and amber turn signal I would say you are good to go. Oracle addresses the polarity in this attachment. Hope this helps.​
Jeep Wrangler JL LED DRL Bulbs 1197D78C-0BF6-4C07-AABE-076D7B6AC8A8
Is there a reason the DRL turns off when the headlights are on? My halogen lights don't turn off when my headlights are on. Why would changing a bulb change this?
Sponsored