First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
When I had the JLUR, it was easy to hook up the cam with the aux switch leads under the dash, but now I'm in a Willys 2 dr and have to find a switched and always hot lead somewhere. I've used the 12v plug in the dash before as a switched lead, but where can I conveniently pick up an always hot source in the cabin?
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I don't have the wiring schematics, but it seems like there would be a "hot at all times" circuit going to the 4-way flasher switch in the center of the I.P.

OP
OP
Red Willy

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Nobody
I was going to look at that, but after the canbus issues I had with connecting rear 3" pods to the back up lights, I'm a little gun shy tying into any lighting circuit.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you are currently not using the 12v round plug on the dashboard to the left of the window switches, you can use that to constantly power your dashcam.

While skimming through the owner’s manual when I got my jeep last September, I remember coming across a set of instructions showing how to change that 12v cigarette lighter plug from being ignition powered to being always powered.

I believe it’s a simple matter of changing the location of one relay within the power distribution center located in the engine compartment in the upper left corner when looking at the jeep head on.

If you can’t find these instructions, let me know and I will look for them and post them here.

OP
OP
Red Willy

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Nobody
I saw that a fuse could be moved a half space over to change that, but I need both constant and switched. I ended up using the 12v plug receptacle feed for the switched and ran a constant to the battery. Thanks for the replies!
Sponsored