First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I've looked through some threads and haven't seen too many responses, other than Owl as being expensive but possibly worth it. Any suggestions for someone who just wants to defend himself, should there be a reason to? Someone pulled out in front of me this morning and luckily I reacted quickly enough. But someday, I might not be so fortunate. I'd want it to be easily removable for quick storage when riding with no doors/top.
Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My suggestion, just get one. You don’t need to spend more than $50 to get a camera that will loop record 1080 quality. Go on Amazon and read reviews.
There are plenty that are more expensive and I’m sure they are better quality and have more features, but my $50 camera has served me well for four years without issue.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
My suggestion, just get one. You don’t need to spend more than $50 to get a camera that will loop record 1080 quality. Go on Amazon and read reviews.
There are plenty that are more expensive and I’m sure they are better quality and have more features, but my $50 camera has served me well for four years without issue.
I absolutely love my Z-cam. Front and rear. I got hit by a hit and run about 4 months ago and the camera (both front and rear) caught it, got the plate and car, and then the police got him. :)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGR8XWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
I absolutely love my Z-cam. Front and rear. I got hit by a hit and run about 4 months ago and the camera (both front and rear) caught it, got the plate and car, and then the police got him. :)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGR8XWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've been using Z-Edge also in multiple vehicles and for the most part it has worked great. My favorite choice of camera setup is a front and rear dual unit. I don't care for the ones that monitor the inside of the cab and therefore you are blind behind the vehicle.

Also the S4 unit I have been using works very well with rear windshields that are near vertical like trucks and SUVs.

http://zeroedgetechnology.com/z-edge-s4/

S4-主01.jpg

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Do the rear cameras work with a soft top? Or topless?
You can mount them on the rear door, or you can make up a mount that goes on the spare.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Do the rear cameras work with a soft top? Or topless?
Brandy, as a Dual Cam operator my front camera is affixed to the windshield, which I have no cause to drop down. The back is mounting tape stuck to the back of the Sports bar.

The cameras are unaffected by top[less] choice.;)

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I just purchased a BlackVue dash cam w/ wifi to download video to my iPhone. It also has park mode which will automatically turn off if battery voltage drops below specified voltage. Should be delivered today and I hope to install this weekend. This is my first dash cam, I have no dash cam experience.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
@Rahneld @Chipe
Thanks guys:like: I've told my husband we really should get one for both Jeeps. Especially after all the texting I see while driving. I've even seen a girl reading a textbook:headbang: (she had it resting on her steering wheel).

corysal

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Does this auto record when the cars started?
When it's plugged in the cigarette lighter with an adapter (which is what I use), it turns on and off with the Jeep. When it's plugged in directly to the usb outlet, it stays on when the Jeep is off.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I just purchased a BlackVue dash cam w/ wifi to download video to my iPhone. It also has park mode which will automatically turn off if battery voltage drops below specified voltage. Should be delivered today and I hope to install this weekend. This is my first dash cam, I have no dash cam experience.
I’ve been eyeing BlackVue. Let us know how the install goes. Will you hard wire? That’s how I want to do it. Maybe tap the garage door opener power source?

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Please let me know what you think of it!

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Brandy, as a Dual Cam operator my front camera is affixed to the windshield, which I have no cause to drop down. The back is mounting tape stuck to the back of the Sports bar.

The cameras are unaffected by top[less] choice.;)
Easy to detach for storage when the top is down and doors are off?
Sponsored