Materials: 2 yards of headliner fabric purchased at local fabric store.Please let us know how you went about fabricating the insulation panels for your headliner. I too am interested in doing this mod.
3- 4x8 wall insulation foam board with foil radiant barrier
3m spray adhesive
2 rolls of 3m automotive tape
Staple gun and staples
This was enough to do the roof. Did not do the sides around the back side windows or the roof section over the speaker sport bar.
1. Removed the har top and flipped it over.
2. I traced a pattern on the recessed areas of the top using some thin cardboard as a template
3. Using the cardboard template I traced a pattern using a sharpie pen on the foam insulation board.
4. I used a razor blade utility knife to cut the foam board
5. Test fit the foam board on the recessed area of the top, trim where necessary
6. Using the foam board as a template trace a pattern on the headliner fabric large enough for the fabric to wrap around the sides to the back of the foam board.
7. Spray 3m fabric adhesive on the non radiant (foil) side of the board. Apply the headliner fabric.
8. Wrap the fabric around to the back and use staple gun to attach to back side. Make sure you pull the fabric snug.
9. Apply 3m automotive tape to the radiant barrier side of the panel and press the panel into the recess of the hard top.
It has cut down some on the noise but the primary benefit is keeping the interior cooler. Hope this is helpful.