REAR LEATHER SEATS WORN

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I’m very particular about my seats looking flawless, and I predicted this happening. I decided to go cloth, and will buy seat covers after I start to see any wear on them. And will continue buying new seat covers as often as needed to keep it looking like new. 107000 miles on a JK before I really needed them with cloth
Sponsored

OP
OP
joeyjoejoe285

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Is the door panel beat up or just odd lighting???? It appears dimpled right by the latch plate.
No damage, just lightning in the photo. It’s actually the child lock mechanism and the lock/unlocked illustration on the door

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
In our other car we have the SensaTec, and it's pretty solid. Feels like a slightly fake leather, looks decent, stays pretty shapely since vinyl doesn't stretch too easily.
0 wear after tons of abuse via various baby seats, in all three positions.
I'd say it's the ideal material.

In other cars like the BMW, I've found the leather to be very, very nice - but in black it looks similar to the vinyl. Leather does have a very nice feel, but from my visit to the dealership and check of the Rubicon leather, it's not the same quality as a luxury vehicle. I would expect Jeep to stuff in thicker, better wearing leather.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I am wondering if anybody else has noticed how their rear leather seats are doing. Mine look to be showing indentations and wear that should not be there after 600 miles of driving - a low portion of those miles are made with my 2 usual rear seat occupants (my 13 year old and my 7 year old).

Can folks take a look at these pics and let me know what you think?Much appreciated.
With kids in the back I like the neoprene/wetsuit-like seat covers, especially with leather.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
What leather selection are those seats ? Is it the premium ? I test drove a Rubicon and the seats seemed VERY nice....and I am usually a Premium Cloth Seats type of guy.....I would equate the seats the Rubicon I drove to more of a durable/textured type of leather....I assume the Rubicon had the "Premium Leather".... I saw that is a Sahara....I would assume Premium as well....?

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
This is the one thing I hate about leather. I sat on towels, then I purchased a baby car seat protector and now I just purchased this for the fronts (link). When I purchased my pontiac solstice a couple months ago the one priority no matter how many miles on it was the leather seat wear or stretch, or wear from sliding out, could not have it. When I took delivery of my JL rubi on Monday after I took out the refrigerator box in the back (soft top) I noticed the seat belt buckles made a huge indentation in the leather and I was pissed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071K5F7R4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AQLZ35UL59ZOM&psc=1

40883213172_f38ece3595_k.jpg

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I have a infant seat in the middle and a booster car seat next to it. When I installed the infant seat I made sure it was tightly positioned so it does not move around. My leather rear seats look a little like yours but I knew it was because of the car seats. I expected it. I will not bother me too much since I know the car seats and kids will be back there.

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
Whoa...that's the box for the soft top?

Just curious what people think about Jeeps with the cloth. I've been caught (on more than one occassion) with my top off (oh my!) and a slight drizzle or the moisture in the air settles throughout the course of the day. You can wipe the leather off...but the water would soak into the cloth. Any issues with mildew or mold?

Ahh..I miss the days of vinyl sometimes haha.

Sponsored

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
...When I took delivery of my JL rubi on Monday after I took out the refrigerator box in the back (soft top) I noticed the seat belt buckles made a huge indentation in the leather and I was pissed.

40883213172_f38ece3595_k.jpg
Anyone else have this problem with the dual top? I have the dual top with leather ordered. I hope they don’t smash the seatbelt into the seat when they ship it.

Dallas23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone else have this problem with the dual top? I have the dual top with leather ordered. I hope they don’t smash the seatbelt into the seat when they ship it.
Yes, my Rubicon dual top left a large indention of the seat belt buckle behind the drivers seat. Assuming there is nothing that a dealership will do? Thought I would bring it to their attention when I went in for the cruise control recall.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
It will come out

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to order Katzkin when my Jeep arrives. I am hoping the leather is better quality. I am assuming it also depends on the installation.

joeyjoejoe285: Maybe rear seat covers is the way to go. We have an Acura MDX and after a few years, the rear leather is still perfect. I have similar age kids.