joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering if anybody else has noticed how their rear leather seats are doing. Mine look to be showing indentations and wear that should not be there after 600 miles of driving - a low portion of those miles are made with my 2 usual rear seat occupants (my 13 year old and my 7 year old).

Can folks take a look at these pics and let me know what you think?
3.16.18 - 687 miles #1.JPG
3.16.18 - 687 miles#2.JPG
Much appreciated.
Sponsored

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Doesn’t look terrible to me... how does the driver seat look in comparison?

OP
OP
joeyjoejoe285

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t look terrible to me... how does the driver seat look in comparison?
Driver's sear looks brand new, no creases or bunching up at all. My concern is if it looks like this after 600 miles what about after 30,000

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
I had leather in my JK Rubicon.....this is one of the reasons I went with cloth seats this time. I think the Jeep 'leather' is just ok.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Not to be "that guy", but shouldn't your 7 year old be in a booster seat?

"Kids should be at least 4'9” tall and weigh at least 80 pounds before transitioning out of the booster."

If your 7 year old is 4'9, then go ahead and blow that college fund on Jeep parts, because a basketball scholarship is in their future.

The leather looks normal. Plenty of manufacturers use that "bunchy" leather; Honda is notorious for it. More a design decision than evidence of wear, IMHO.

OP
OP
joeyjoejoe285

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be "that guy", but shouldn't your 7 year old be in a booster seat?

"Kids should be at least 4'9” tall and weigh at least 80 pounds before transitioning out of the booster."

If your 7 year old is 4'9, 80#, then go ahead and blow that college fund on Jeep parts, because a basketball scholarship is in their future.

The leather looks normal. Plenty of manufacturers use that "bunchy" leather; Honda is notorious for it. More a design decision than evidence of wear, IMHO.
To put you at ease, yes, the 7 year old is in a booster seat. I expected more from the seats in a $50K vehicle.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
That is not worn, that is s
To put you at ease, yes, the 7 year old is in a booster seat. I expected more from the seats in a $50K vehicle.
That is why I skipped the leather option as it is inferior for the price that is charged IMO. If I decide down the road I want leather I'll have Katzkin installed.

Sponsored

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Driver's sear looks brand new, no creases or bunching up at all. My concern is if it looks like this after 600 miles what about after 30,000
I have leather in my 2015 JK for several years and no real wear to be concerned with and about 60K on the odometer. Other than being hot in the summer and cold in the winter, I've had good experience with it. I condition them every few months or longer with Lexol cleaner and conditioner.

crik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2018 JLUS
I’ve seen new JLs on the lot with the same look to the leather in the rear seats. Thought maybe something was shipped in the back seat and left a mark.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I plan to get leather seats when I order and I have 2 younger boys as well. May sound dumb but I had planned to at least get seat covers in the back to prevent the abuse that kids just tend to do.

OP
OP
joeyjoejoe285

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to get leather seats when I order and I have 2 younger boys as well. May sound dumb but I had planned to at least get seat covers in the back to prevent the abuse that kids just tend to do.
I get that we want to protect from abuse but these seat marks are just from sitting - no abuse. Seems premature for them to be showing wear this way so soon. :no:

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is the door panel beat up or just odd lighting???? It appears dimpled right by the latch plate.
Sponsored