deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried updating the firmware on the Pulsar XT? I'd like to know if there is an update available before I spend any money on the required cable.
Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Has anyone tried updating the firmware on the Pulsar XT? I'd like to know if there is an update available before I spend any money on the required cable.
Would like to know this as well especially if they have engine mods and experience the torque limiting and if it got better. I've learned to live with it and occasionally unplugging the battery to reset the system but eventually plan on selling it to go with a full tune with an unlocked PCM down the line.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
there haven't been any updates released to this point.

Grayrat

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have a 2021, and have wanted a tuner ever since I started modifying the Jeep. Adding a lot of weight to the stock Jeep with ADD steel bumpers, winch, bigger tires and wider wheels, lift kit creating more drag at speed, it really needs more torque down low. Again, the 2021's seem to be different and have a problem. Since the unlocked ECU's are only available for the 18-20's, then my explanation would be they changed them in 2021. All the complaints seem to be coming from the 2021 model year. As a side note, having a Rubicon, I don't think I would ever give up my "Swaykill" which I have from my Tazer JL Mini. The difference in off-road ride with the sway bar disconnected at speed is night and day. And I don't want to manually disconnect and reconnect the swaybar, as I frequently go on and off road on deserted highways out in the desert where I am located, and do most of my weekend activities. Sw
I have both and the Tazer works fine with the Pulsar. The only problem is that you can’t really access the Tazer menu while the Pulsar is plugged in because the controls are similar. This means set it and forget it options work fine when both are plugged in, but you can’t access things like 0-60 while the Pulsar is plugged in. I installed the factory aux panel this weekend and I had to unplug the Pulsar to turn on AUX. It’s not a big deal for me because I don’t really use the active menu options of the Tazer, just the Parksense disable, AUX and lockers.
If you can't use the Tazer in active mode, then you would not be able to use the "swaykill" option on the Tazer which is probably in my opinion, the #1 reason to have a Tazer on a 2021 Rubicon. Am I correct in my assumption? Right now, I go into the dirt in 2WH, push the right side of the accessory button on the steering wheel, and the program button that I chose for the swaykill on the cruise control side, and the swaybar unlocks. I switch to 4WH and it stays unlocked until I actively turn it back on.

dswift09

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '17 VW GTI, '17 MB GLC
I just ordered the Pulsar XT for my ‘21 and will put it on this weekend. Would love to hear from anyone who’s been running it what power levels you’ve been running in different scenarios: around town, highway, off-road, etc.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I just ordered the Pulsar XT for my ‘21 and will put it on this weekend. Would love to hear from anyone who’s been running it what power levels you’ve been running in different scenarios: around town, highway, off-road, etc.
I stay on level 5. Though I suppose I should change it down when on the highway. Oh well!
Sponsored