Sponsored

Pulled over.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Lobbyists for the auto glass industry are strong enough to keep fender laws off the books in TX - I replaced a windshield every other year in my time there.

Not going to be a real popular opinion here:
As a motorcyclist, I see the point of fender laws and the Officer was justified in enforcing the law. It only takes getting hit by one rock thrown out by a vehicle with inadequate fenders (along with aggressive treads) to form an opinion on this topic. I’m glad the OP is looking into a solution to change his rock slinging ways.
I have 5 titanium plates in my head from that while riding a motorcycle
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...noted that the taillights (great looking Oracle Lighting LEDs) were too dark and not stock. They are very bright LEDs, so I’m really not sure what the issue is with them...
Are there fender extensions that I can use to get out past the tires? Appreciate any feedback!
Do not get upset, he may not want you to be a repeat ofFENDER lol. Sorry, I had to :CWL:

Re the taillights, consider that some of your fellow motorists are blind as a bat and wear tinted glasses when driving during the day.

How smoked out are your taillights?

The officer’s concern was more so that SOME of the people behind you in daytime may not see you apply your brakes and then they won’t apply their brakes in time. Eeep! :whew:

Re the larger fenders, I’m sure you can find some aftermarket, wider than stock fenders to cover your rubbers. I’d check the forum vendor sponsors websites to see what’s currently available. Happy Jeepin!!!

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Glad to know this exists if I ever need it. I just wandered down a rabbit hole of reading articles and reviews about them, and it sounds legit. The only difference is everything I just read says $250, not $200. But they do offer a money back guarantee.
Why not just hire a lawyer in the first place and cut out the middle man?

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Smoked out taillights are many times a hazard to yourself, and everyone else out there. I use to work at night, and still drive during dark hours. It is amazing how little light sometimes make it past smoked or dark taillights. it is difficult enough, at night, without having to drive up on someone all blacked out, at night. Having extra bright bulbs might rectify this, but many don't do this.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Smoked out taillights are many times a hazard to yourself, and everyone else out there. I use to work at night, and still drive during dark hours. It is amazing how little light sometimes make it past smoked or dark taillights. it is difficult enough, at night, without having to drive up on someone all blacked out, at night. Having extra bright bulbs might rectify this, but many don't do this.
Yeah if it’s factory taillights with black covers over them or cheap smoked taillights it’s just about impossible to see them although high quality companies like JW speaker or Recon are extremely bright:like:

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I would love for someone to explain the physics to me of how a fender flare that only "covers" the top of the tires prevents "rock slinging" behind the vehicle. Also, I'd like to know where the captured rocks are stored so I can empty the container on my Jeep. Surely they aren't simply bouncing off the fenders and then being "slung"....

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Im putting on the Mopar Beadlock capable wheels with the 35" Ridge Grapplers. They will poke a little bit but hopefully not enough to get pulled over here in NH.

Sponsored

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I would love for someone to explain the physics to me of how a fender flare that only "covers" the top of the tires prevents "rock slinging" behind the vehicle. Also, I'd like to know where the captured rocks are stored so I can empty the container on my Jeep. Surely they aren't simply bouncing off the fenders and then being "slung"....
:headbang:
BillyMadisonNoPoints.jpg

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
The captured rocks are stored in the windshield of the vehicle behind you.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
The fenders stop the rocks from being flung upward and forward into oncoming traffic. I had a broken windshield from this exact situation.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I got pulled over in my red Fiat 124 Spider while doing 72 in a 70 zone. The officer was adamant I was doing 84, which I know I wasn't. Anyway he writes me up. I normally don't fight tickets but this time they really ticked me off. Got home and found an app called Off the Record: you download the app and follow the steps. https://offtherecord.com/

It asks where you got pulled over (State and County), has you take a photo of the ticket and automatically populates all the fields. You review that all the information is correct and submit.

They don't guarantee that they will remove the ticket completely, but they guarantee that they will at least have it changed to a non-moving violation so that it won't affect your record, without having to appear in court. The app then asks for $200 upfront so that they can hook you up with a lawyer near you within 24 hours. I paid the $200 and submitted.

Within 24 hours I get a text from a law firm near me saying that they would be happy to represent me. They would take it over from here. They texted me a few indications of what to expect for next steps and an overall timeframe. In my case, county office processing was taking 2 months for court appearances, so they told me not to worry about it for 2 months.

Sure enough, as the 2 months came up, I got a notification from the county that my ticket had been switched to a no-seatbelt violation and to pay $75. Good riddance. The whole thing cost me $275 and am happy to not have the speeding ticket on my driving record.

I'd recommend using Off the Record by anyone who gets pulled over for speeding...or has the cops' claiming that you were speeding...
Invest that money on a dash cam with speedo next time
Sponsored