Sponsored

Programmers available to enable diff lock in high range?

OP
OP

Hoime

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I ordered one. Excited to try it out next week.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Just simply "unmarry" it before service, and remarry afterwards.
Don't unmarry it; simply unplug it before a service apt. If you unmarry it things like your gear ratio settings, transfer case low gear settings, FAD setting, etc... will completely reset to stock. Not only do you have to go through setting it up again but if you have the auto tranny your shift points will be all out of wack if you re-geared.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Don't unmarry it; simply unplug it before a service apt. If you unmarry it things like your gear ratio settings, transfer case low gear settings, FAD setting, etc... will completely reset to stock. Not only do you have to go through setting it up again but if you have the auto tranny your shift points will be all out of wack if you re-geared.
If you don’t unmerry and the dealer does some sort of software update and changes things in the Jeep’s computer, not only will your Tazer not be able to work properly anymore, but you will also probably do some damage on the software side of the jeep anytime you try to change a parameter with the Tazer or unmerry it because the stock configuration that your Tazer saved was before the dealer updated your jeep’s computer.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
...or change anything that affect rotations per mile.

If you don’t unmerry and the dealer does some sort of software update and changes things in the Jeep’s computer, not only will your Tazer not be able to work properly anymore, but you will also probably do some damage on the software side of the jeep anytime you try to change a parameter with the Tazer or unmerry it because the stock configuration that your Tazer saved was before the dealer updated your jeep’s computer.
This is what I remember reading in a post by Joe of zautomotive. I unmarried mine before heading to the dealer for the new steering box. Drove like crap because it thought my 38's were factory 285's. I remarried in their parking lot before driving off, and all was right as rain again. Plus, a tighter and more predictable steering.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You're looking to cause major issues if you don't unmarry/remove before dropping off at a dealership. I just do it in their parking lot/service line.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What is the option in JScan?

I was f'ing around in there and somehow disabled remote start.
In “Trail View” it shows a diagram of the Jeep.

I can’t screen shot it right now. But it shows buttons for front sway bay disconnect, front axle lock, rear axle lock. Just tap the logo and it locks instantly. 2WD or 4WD High.

Reactions: GtX

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
In “Trail View” it shows a diagram of the Jeep.

I can’t screen shot it right now. But it shows buttons for front sway bay disconnect, front axle lock, rear axle lock. Just tap the logo and it locks instantly. 2WD or 4WD High.
Oh, thanks... I'm the idiot. I haven't messed with the live features. So obvious now that I looked in that menu.

Appreciate the direction.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
...or change anything that affect rotations per mile.

This is what I remember reading in a post by Joe of zautomotive. I unmarried mine before heading to the dealer for the new steering box. Drove like crap because it thought my 38's were factory 285's. I remarried in their parking lot before driving off, and all was right as rain again. Plus, a tighter and more predictable steering.
You're looking to cause major issues if you don't unmarry/remove before dropping off at a dealership. I just do it in their parking lot/service line.
I have a Tazer on both Jeeps and every time I go to a dealer I remove it... not unmarry it. I have had the dealer do software installs, like when I had the new steering box put in, and it reset the entire computer back to factory and when I got the Jeep home I simply reconnected my Tazer and I put everything back to my proper gears, tire size, TPMS settings, etc... I have also had the dealer do software updates where no main settings were touched (like gears, tire size). I have had no problems with simply disconnecting but leaving it married.
@DavidArmen - I don't know who told you your Tazer would not work properly anymore if you left it married and they updated software but that simply isn't true. The Tazer worked perfectly, it was not damaged nor was my Jeep's computer.
The biggest problem with telling people to unmarry their Tazer at home is if they have regeared and they have an automatic transmission. The Jeep will drive like crap in that scenario. If it is absolutely necessary to unmarry I would do it in the parking lot of the dealership.

The Tazer is a re-programmer, in that it goes into the computer and re-programs parameters. This is no different than if the dealer re-programmed your computer for a new tire size or a new gear set. And if the dealer resets your computer back to factory build code settings it will overwrite any changes made to the computer whether it's from a Tazer, Jscan or the dealer itself.
The problem comes in when you leave the Tazer CONNECTED; now you have competing computer modules trying to control the same computer and that is a recipe for disaster.

Obviously unmarrying the Tazer is the most OCD friendly way to make sure there is no association with the computer but telling people they MUST unmarry or all hell will break loose is simply not true.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Tazer on both Jeeps and every time I go to a dealer I remove it... not unmarry it. I have had the dealer do software installs, like when I had the new steering box put in, and it reset the entire computer back to factory and when I got the Jeep home I simply reconnected my Tazer and I put everything back to my proper gears, tire size, TPMS settings, etc... I have also had the dealer do software updates where no main settings were touched (like gears, tire size). I have had no problems with simply disconnecting but leaving it married.
@DavidArmen - I don't know who told you your Tazer would not work properly anymore if you left it married and they updated software but that simply isn't true. The Tazer worked perfectly, it was not damaged nor was my Jeep's computer.
The biggest problem with telling people to unmarry their Tazer at home is if they have regeared and they have an automatic transmission. The Jeep will drive like crap in that scenario. If it is absolutely necessary to unmarry I would do it in the parking lot of the dealership.

The Tazer is a re-programmer, in that it goes into the computer and re-programs parameters. This is no different than if the dealer re-programmed your computer for a new tire size or a new gear set. And if the dealer resets your computer back to factory build code settings it will overwrite any changes made to the computer whether it's from a Tazer, Jscan or the dealer itself.
The problem comes in when you leave the Tazer CONNECTED; now you have competing computer modules trying to control the same computer and that is a recipe for disaster.

Obviously unmarrying the Tazer is the most OCD friendly way to make sure there is no association with the computer but telling people they MUST unmarry or all hell will break loose is simply not true.
Yeah, the sky will stay put. Marrying saves the stock settings. The concern would be not unmarrying, getting the steering box tsb (for example), and losing the software update if needing to unmarry for some reason. And the question of whether or not it would come back uncorrupted, when remarried.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

The problem comes when you try and unmarry after the dealer flash. I'm gonna go ahead and trust that the guy that designed the thing knows stuff.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The problem comes when you try and unmarry after the dealer flash. I'm gonna go ahead and trust that the guy that designed the thing knows stuff.
Learn something new every day. That's one scenario I hadn't thought of.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

I would still not take the risk. Not knowing what exactly they do to what computer, I would never risk that. All it takes is one time. Plus, you are still not taking into account that when you unmarry, the data in your Tazer is for your old software. If the jeep updates a computer that the Tazer uses, and then you unmarry, you risk losing all new data since the Tazer has no idea that the jeep was updated after the Tazer was married, saving the old data instead of the new updated data.
Sponsored