Sponsored

Programmers available to enable diff lock in high range?

Hoime

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I live up in ND where being able to lock the diffs in high range to plow through some deep snow if the need be would be nice. Anybody know of anything? I am aware of the warrentee issues.
Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
I live up in ND where being able to lock the diffs in high range to plow through some deep snow if the need be would be nice. Anybody know of anything? I am aware of the warrentee issues.
I second the Tazer. What is nice with this is its totally removable and an added benifit would be the light show. You could use the light show while you're plowing to stay very visible.

Not just for show but function too in your application.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Turns out this would let me change a few others things that annoy me. If i ever do happen to bring it in for warrantee would they know if i unplugged it and set everything back to factory?
Just simply "unmarry" it before service, and remarry afterwards.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
@word302

Just to clarify. THE 392 TAZER MINI HAS NO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER THE 2.0 TAZER MINI.
I just got an email from them. They said “it should work” but until they get a Hemi wrangler in they won’t know what the current Tazer will or won’t do.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got an email from them. They said “it should work” but until they get a Hemi wrangler in they won’t know what the current Tazer will or won’t do.
Apologies for any confusion. That was a jest, for the member paged, concerning a completely different thread. It ended up in here because he just liked my other post.

Yeah, I'm sure that Joe from zautomotive will have a 392 Tazer shortly after he gets his hands on one.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly thought that guy was just trying to be funny/trolling but now I'm pretty sure he's dead serious.
I read every typed word. Nor you or anyone else insulted him or tried denying him his opinion. The whole damn thread is opinions, but he got the rightful noise due to wording a fact based statement. Which is dead wrong! Got him called out, and was too prideful to admit a simple mistake. Yada Yada Yada, you were there. 😆

I've got right next to zero offroad jeep experience. Just 4x4 pickup screwing around. Nothing technical. But just watching a couple videos will show the benefits of higher off idle torque. I saw a 4 door jeep trying to make a sharp turn that was meant for 2 doors. Boulder on the inside and a tree on the outside of it. There was no putting a wheel on the rock without removing the top the hard way. He put it in 2hi, turned the wheel into it, and tried spinning the rear tires with the sliders up against the Boulder to swing the assembly around the curve. He had a tough time spinning the 37's, before having to really put the coals to it. He made it, but it was not as smooth and simple as it would've been with a healthier dose of off idle torque.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I read every typed word. Nor you or anyone else insulted him or tried denying him his opinion. The whole damn thread is opinions, but he got the rightful noise due to wording a fact based statement. Which is dead wrong! Got him called out, and was too prideful to admit a simple mistake. Yada Yada Yada, you were there. 😆

I've got right next to zero offroad jeep experience. Just 4x4 pickup screwing around. Nothing technical. But just watching a couple videos will show the benefits of higher off idle torque. I saw a 4 door jeep trying to make a sharp turn that was meant for 2 doors. Boulder on the inside and a tree on the outside of it. There was no putting a wheel on the rock without removing the top the hard way. He put it in 2hi, turned the wheel into it, and tried spinning the rear tires with the sliders up against the Boulder to swing the assembly around the curve. He had a tough time spinning the 37's, before having to really put the coals to it. He made it, but it was not as smooth and simple as it would've been with a healthier dose of off idle torque.
Well eventually I think I said he was clueless and called him a clown, but at that point I thought he really was trolling.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well eventually I think I said he was clueless and called him a clown, but at that point I thought he really was trolling.
By then it was well earned, but you maintained thought and class. He lost his quick and chose to blame others for what he was feeling. And if it was raining and I said the weather sucked, I'd like to think it would be wise enough to not be insulted.

Ah, what can one do? Just sit back and clearly see who's who. :clap:

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Turns out this would let me change a few others things that annoy me. If i ever do happen to bring it in for warrantee would they know if i unplugged it and set everything back to factory?
They had every chance to deny my warranty claim after TWO engine replacements like what was said earlier just unmarry and I had no problems. Pretty sure the techs knew what was up because I told them to stop airing my tires up and no I did not want to pay to re-calibrate speed sensor because of tire size.

OP
OP

Hoime

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
They had every chance to deny my warranty claim after TWO engine replacements like what was said earlier just unmarry and I had no problems. Pretty sure the techs knew what was up because I told them to stop airing my tires up and no I did not want to pay to re-calibrate speed sensor because of tire size.
Sponsored