Sponsored

Price increase 9/28

Clrprop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
FYI:

I submitted an order on Monday. It wasn't placed until Tuesday (09/27) and just got word from dealer that Jeep has increased prices again. Mine went up 1,500.00.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

My 2dr Rubi still prices the same as when I ordered.

When are prices locked in? Order confirmation or when delivered or somewhere in between?

Zeno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Going to be real miffed if the price I was quoted last week when wiring a deposit to the dealer for my order gets increased because they didn't submit the order until this week.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
My 2dr Rubi still prices the same as when I ordered.

When are prices locked in? Order confirmation or when delivered or somewhere in between?

It depends on the dealer and if you AND them signed a price agreement. If you aren't sure, I would head there now and get one just to CYA

Sponsored

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

It depends on the dealer and if you AND them signed a price agreement. If you aren't sure, I would head there now and get one just to CYA
I have affiliate pricing so I'm locked at 1% under invoice but was more wondering when that invoice price is locked in to the dealer.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I have affiliate pricing so I'm locked at 1% under invoice but was more wondering when that invoice price is locked in to the dealer.
If Jeep increases the MSRP, the invoice amount goes up as well because Jeep doesn't invoice the dealer until they ship the vehicle. The cost of mine went up 4 times from order to delivery, even with the affiliate pricing. I would have a specific number signed by the sales manager regardless.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
In my experience, they're not locked in. The price on my JLU increased between the order entry date (at the dealer) and the day I accepted delivery. The Sales Mgr provided a verbal promise that I wouldn't be responsible for the difference, if a price increase occurred in that manner, and he kept his word.

Verbal promise honored = I was fortunate. In other words, don't take this post as gospel that you'd have the same protection, in the same circumstances.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
The price listed on your POC should be the price you pay. Technically if it isn't signed Jeep could raise that price, but doing so would ultimately be very bad for their business once people go done ranting about it in forums like this one. If you've ordered recently and haven't received a POC I would try to get one as soon as possible. jmho

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I believe Invoice is determined at time of sticker production.
There might be a reconciliation process for the dealer to get it priced from time of order for customer orders delivered to the original order customer. If so, the sticker will still show the price from time of production, not the reconciled price. Some manufacturers allow this, some don’t. If that fails, some dealers will eat the increase, some will pass it on. The better the deal you got, the less margin there is for that dealer to eat into.
Edit: written agreements are king for customers. The rest of my post is just information to explain things happening or not happening

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yep... becomes part of the "dealer experience" when you go to pick it up. San Diego jeep honored my price on my 2023 ($223) diff. I used Tread Lightly and got 1% under, they still have the hold back to make up for any price increases. If it's a good dealer, no hassle at all.
Sponsored