First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.30MinuteSalesCoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I finally got my hard top off and installed my soft top this week. Today was my first drive at speed, and I notice the top wanting to ballon/rise a little.

I know there is a locking mechanism for keeping it in "sunrider" position, but is there something I am missing as far as snapping/locking it down?

If it is normal for it to move a bit, I won't worry. I just like to worry :) .
Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
It shouldn't move much when closed, but it sounds like you're talking about motion of the top in the sunrider or open condition? If that's the case, yeah it's gonna move. There's reports of rubbing and wear. Not a big deal in sunrider, but if it bugs you there's all sorts of products to hold it down (or bungee cords for the simple among us).

Also, recommend never offering an option like "orange," as the resident idiots will always select it. Proof: I selected orange.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I finally got my hard top off and installed my soft top this week. Today was my first drive at speed, and I notice the top wanting to ballon/rise a little.

I know there is a locking mechanism for keeping it in "sunrider" position, but is there something I am missing as far as snapping/locking it down?

If it is normal for it to move a bit, I won't worry. I just like to worry :) .
The top does rise away from the Jeep. It is a great example of an airplane's wing "lift".
At speed the top billows upward.
The bows are used to keep the top off your head when the Jeep is at rest.

jravin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2004 L J
Occupation
Director of IT
The two levers you have to push down to unlock when you put the top down are the ones you should push back to the locked position once it is down. This locks it in place while down as well as while up. It will still move a little, but it will not move much once locked.

sbmitch2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram, 2018 Bright White JLU
The two levers you have to push down to unlock when you put the top down are the ones you should push back to the locked position once it is down. This locks it in place while down as well as while up. It will still move a little, but it will not move much once locked.
Disagree, with the top all the way down it floats up and blocks the back visibility in the rear view. I got some Velcro straps and wrap around the top when folded and it helps a lot and limits the uplift st speed.