• Total voters

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Had to be cloth as I find leather gets too hot in summer, and too cold in winter (in Ottawa, Canada, around 105 on hot summer days, -30 in winter).
And between getting cloth seats and MT, easiest way to save 4Ks on my JLUS ;)

Apoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR (Ordered)
Originally had cloth, decided to change the order to go with leather for ease of cleanup. Hope I don't regret it with the heat here in Florida.

OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Originally had cloth, decided to change the order to go with leather for ease of cleanup. Hope I don't regret it with the heat here in Florida.
That’s what remote start and automatic ac is for, lol

Apoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR (Ordered)
That’s what remote start and automatic ac is for, lol
I unfortunately left off the remote start option, and I heard the remote start through Uconnect isn't that great /facepalm.

Sponsored

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
I would go with cloth and hopefully Bartact will make seat covers.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
After seeing these Rubi cloth seats I'm kinda regretting spending the extra money on the leather. For me with kids/dogs(and the occasional mud) the leather has always been easier to maintain. I had such a hard time getting dog hairs and mud stains out of the cloth on my first JK. I should have just spent some money on cheap covers when I'm not the only one riding in the Jeep or going offroad.
I have a Australian shepherd and the long hair just sticks to the cloth. I cant even pick it off sometimes. I have to use a lint roller to get the hairs off sometimes. I always put a sheet down to but the hairs just fly in the air with the ac on lol

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
HI Guys,
I test drove a Sahara with leather seats and a Rubicon with premium cloth seats.
The leather looks much more elegant in the sahara but not sure about how it would be in the Rubicon rough look?
The main thing that caught my attention was, the rear seat foldable armrest/cup holding sis not available with etc cloth seats, seem like it only comes with leather for some reason. I checked two different Rubicons with cloths seat and non of them had the foldable armrest, only the sahara with the leather seats had it, which is something to take into consideration.

The following pics are Rubicon with premium cloth seats, the red dashboard is not that bad at all.

My only question is, if I decide to go with a Rubicon with the leather seats, how uncomfortable are they in the summer under the sun , when top is down?
With cold weather package, which include heating seats and remote start, one might be able to handle the cold leather seats , but the summer is my concern with the leather seats. any feedback with JK owners with leather seats would be appreciated.

Both leather and cloths have their pros and cons I guess, but not having the rear armrest with cloth is disappointing in a way.

I look forward for your comments and feedback

Thanks

IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG
When i had leather in my trucks before it wasn't a problem with the heat or cold. I always just cranked up the ac or heat and didn't take long for it to heat up or cool off pretty fast. I even had the king ranch which was that real thick saddle leather and it still heated up pretty quick. The cloth in the Rubicon is really nice though. But like they are saying dogs hairs are hard to get off of it. I have to use a lint roller on my Australian shepherd

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hmm. I would think the opposite? Cloth will absorb water and let the underlying foam get wet... and heater wires if you have heated seats. Wet foam over time would get moldy and smell. Water will bead and roll of of leather, no? Plus, “leather” vehicle seats aren’t really leather.

I like the cloth a lot but like you are saying here is true. if you spill something on the cloth it will soak into the cloth and foam pretty fast if you dont soak it up fast. with the leather you can still wipe it off with out it soaking into the foam. its a real hard choice because there is pros and cons on both

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The leather looks really nice. The fold down armrest in the back almost made the leather worth it.

I went with cloth because I like the feel and the look. It feels like the cloths grips you and keeps from sliding around. Took me three dealers to make the choice.
You are right
2018 JL wrangler folding down arm rest with cup holders.jpg
on that. looks so nice in the back and they wont tip over as easy

Sponsored

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
I love my leather, and highly recommend it.
I had my concerns initially, but after receiving it, I wouldn't replace it with cloth for sure.
I would have regretted it big time, had I ordered cloth.
It makes a huge difference in terms of the feel, comfort and luxury specially when driving your jeep on daily bases.
even in cold weather not an issue at all with even without heated seat. but having heated seats and remote start helps as well.
Haven't experienced it in hot water yet though. but I would tolerate any discomfort for the looks and feel for sure.
Hope this helps.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Is the steering wheel the same on the leather or cloths seats ? Its wrapped in leather either way right ?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Is the steering wheel the same on the leather or cloths seats ? Its wrapped in leather either way right ?
No the steering wheel is wrapped in cloth with cloth seats.

JK lol Yeah, leather wrapped no matter what (at least in a Sahara it’s the case ;) )

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

JK lol Yeah, leather wrapped no matter what (at least in a Sahara it’s the case ;) )

Reason I asked is because some vehicles if you don't have leather seats the stairwell isn't nice leather it's more of a hard plastic vinyl. Like when I had my you did not get a leather steering wheel

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Reason I asked is because some vehicles if you don't have leather seats the stairwell isn't nice leather it's more of a hard plastic vinyl. Like when I had my you did not get a leather steering wheel
I know, which is why then I wrote JK, and that I did get a leather wrapped steering wheel with my cloth seats, but I can only speak about my Sahara experience
Sponsored