First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I completely agree that you turn off the steps when there is any chance of the steps hitting a rock. There is a very strong chance of damage to the actuator bar and motor if the steps deploy onto rocks and can't fully extend. Worse yet is if the steps hang up of rocks while deployed and you try to retract them. If the bar detaches from the motor the steps will hang lose and swing freely. The only recourse if that happens is to zip tie the step up and turn off the slider. From personal experience if the bar is damaged you will need to replace both the bar and motor. RSE may not cover the damage under warranty if it is caused by operator error. Again I highly recommend getting the optional skid plates.
this is why im opting for the more steps lol - no fancy electronics - human power - and i cant break them if they are not on

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
Those MORE steps are pretty interesting concept. Certainly cheaper. Is the fitting that stays under the rock rail totally out of the way it hit?
If I’m understanding your question, they’re out of the way and when wheeling, if needed they can also come off quick and easy by pulling a pin.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
If I’m understanding your question, they’re out of the way and when wheeling, if needed they can also come off quick and easy by pulling a pin.
I've since looked closer and seen you can totally remove them. pretty cool. I may get one as a vertically challenged dude that will be building a much bigger jeep
Sponsored