Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

SdBogie

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlur
You all are depressing me with this talk of custom shop delays. Ordered 10/26 and build sheet posted today. Hoping it was a couple days process to get it out through inspection and on the train..

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
You all are depressing me with this talk of custom shop delays. Ordered 10/26 and build sheet posted today. Hoping it was a couple days process to get it out through inspection and on the train..
No kidding. My build sheet posted yesterday. Was hoping it would ship in the next couple days.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we have to be realistic. There could be a few reasons why this seems to take a while. First off if they are doing the suspension, wheels, tires, etc there that takes time. Also there is the very real possibility of parts delays there. Just because our Jeeps are built doesn’t mean that all the parts are there to install the XR package. I think back to how many early Jeeps were built but caught in “JB hell” back in early 18, and the same thing happened when the Gladiator started pumping out, tons and tons of orders waiting for bed liners, etc. just be glad it’s built, not stuck in I status (usually means a problem in my experience) or even worse stuck in F status (not good as usually winds up meaning order needs cloned). Compared to the other alternatives JB is a good place to be.

Sponsored

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we have to be realistic. There could be a few reasons why this seems to take a while. First off if they are doing the suspension, wheels, tires, etc there that takes time. Also there is the very real possibility of parts delays there. Just because our Jeeps are built doesn’t mean that all the parts are there to install the XR package. I think back to how many early Jeeps were built but caught in “JB hell” back in early 18, and the same thing happened when the Gladiator started pumping out, tons and tons of orders waiting for bed liners, etc. just be glad it’s built, not stuck in I status (usually means a problem in my experience) or even worse stuck in F status (not good as usually winds up meaning order needs cloned). Compared to the other alternatives JB is a good place to be.
I don’t think you’re being a downer at all. I work in supply chain / production and know this all too well.

That said, in my opinion it would seem like a wasteful process to swap suspension, wheels/tires, and other XR specific components after initial assembly… even the reinforced tailgate hinge would make more sense installed in the line. I figured the secondary location was meant for decals & easily attached items ie: door sill guards, grab handles, mats, etc.

I’m likely wrong haha

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I don’t think you’re being a downer at all. I work in supply chain / production and know this all too well.

That said, in my opinion it would seem like a wasteful process to swap suspension, wheels/tires, and other XR specific components after initial assembly… even the reinforced tailgate hinge would make more sense installed in the line. I figured the secondary location was meant for decals & easily attached items ie: door sill guards, grab handles, mats, etc.

I’m likely wrong haha
I know for a fact the tailgate reinforcement is installed in JB as I’ve ordered 2 other Jeeps with that. As far as the rest being a waste, yeah it probably is, but the line is set up for efficiency. Like I said in an earlier post, I’ve had several TRD Pro 4Runners and they are built on the line in Japan, then shipped to the port in the US where they take off the factory I talked wheels and suspension and install the TRD Pro upgrades. I can certainly see the same happening with the XR package.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR

I’m likely wrong haha
On the Gladiator side JB is where the spray in bed liner and the sort are added onto a build.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Got Crypto sticker email today that Window Sticker is available. I think me getting this one in potentially under 2 months is Jeep making up for taking 3.5 months to get me my 2019.

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Ordered 11/09 Still sitting in D status and gathering parts from what JC says..

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019