First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Like this in reverse? I’ve got ideas bouncing around in my head for this.

6433DEE0-BCE5-467B-974A-DFA9FDFD964B.jpeg
thats alot of work to rig a plug for air ups lol , cool but alot of work unless you can retro fit the plug in version for air , thats if and when u can purchase that cover - i would just slap an anderson plug somewhere near the fender liner or bumper - then you can use it for any item that u have anderson connectin on
Sponsored

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 VW GTI Autobahn
untill i make a bracket to go under the hood for the arb single
the arb will fit under the hood near the battery.. the single that is

i run around with a viair 88p and im in no rush to make the bracket for the arb lol
thats how much i like this little work horse
its nothing fancy, but i beat the living hell out of the viair it .
its never let me down. it gets hot , i dropped it , drag it all around and it works !!!!!
one thing i dont like is the screw on chuck at the end , i just screwed on a self locking air chuck on and im happy - u can always go back to the screw on if u wish
Have you looked at W a y a l i f e bracket?
I copied his setup exactly and love it.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Have you looked at W a y a l i f e bracket?
I copied his setup exactly and love it.
yeah i was going to purchase the bracket and do that location when i do the arb, but since then have noticed i can squeeze it up top near the battery without issue , just have no need while i have the viar running so good all in time - i change parts like i change socks
my harley had 8 air cleaners within 5 months untill i got the one that worked perfect
so yeah im the same way with truck norris and all my other jeeps , its my ocd add i guess lol
u can also see i posted there like 5 months ago

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
i have a small campbell portable air compressor that fits in the under cargo storage area.
I know the post is old but do you have the model? I'm looking for something that fits in the cargo storage.

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I know the post is old but do you have the model? I'm looking for something that fits in the cargo storage.
you can check this one out - its what i have/use depends on tire size you have. but this works great for me - not suuuuuper fast as everyone else may have , but it works and is strong and will fit inside the boot
Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Thanks, and it really fits in the cargo compartment? The depth seems to be just under 5 inches.

I'm looking to store the tools, pump, jumper cable and first aid kit and have them all out of sight (because Florida).

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Thanks, and it really fits in the cargo compartment? The depth seems to be just under 5 inches.

I'm looking to store the tools, pump, jumper cable and first aid kit and have them all out of sight (because Florida).
I’ll get a foto when I run out later

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
That unit does look nice, specs on it indicate it's smallest dimension is about 6 inches.

I also have a 4xe, so I don't know if that makes the compartment smaller. I see no reason for it to be as the battery is further up front.

Is it recommended to go directly off the battery vs. their 12V system. Their 12V is rated for smaller tires. I have the stock Sahara 20s.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
the one i have is 20-25 years old. here are the pics of mine. hope this helps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Portable Air Compressors 20210508_193406[1]

Jeep Wrangler JL Portable Air Compressors 20210508_193445[1]

Jeep Wrangler JL Portable Air Compressors 20210508_193521[1]

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Thanks, now I have to see if the 4xe has less space in that compartment. I measured the depth somewhere around 5 inches. The slimmest ones I'm seeing seem to be around 6 inches.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Thanks, would you say your compartment is about 5 inches in depth? What's the wire you have running there?

After much research I'm liking that unit.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Thanks, would you say your compartment is about 5 inches in depth? What's the wire you have running there?

After much research I'm liking that unit.
I can also get photo of the depth The wire is for my cb antenna I have it rolled up under the bag when not In use. To comment amc Cj my air compressor has an XT-60 male end plug at the end which I have the another end on the clips to use with any car battery ,but in my case I added an xt60 female connector from my battery to my wheel well so I don’t need to open the hood. I just plug it into my fender well. The xt60 can easily handle the load. And I can make xt60 connectors for any rig or hookup I need be it air pump , lights etc.....
Sponsored

Last edited: