Sponsored

Place your bets, when will 2022 be announced?

Overactor

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3x 2005 sti's, 02 sti, 2018 Crosstrek, 13 Ram 2500
I just ordered a 2021 Willys in gecko green, I was told the Ordering stopped last weds for 2021's and 2022s can be ordered in december
Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
If this is real maybe Jeep is listing. I called for rear Lockers for the Willys for 2022 to compete with the Bronco Black Diamond.

If this this has the Extreme Recon package I would think it also has other upgrades and rear Lockers. Hopefully 👍🤞
Yep this is what I would buy for sure over the Rubicon fingers crossed it looks legit!!

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Rumor has it that orders open October 6. Presumably they will announce the 2022 prior to orders opening, when do you think that will happen? There's not much time left!
This was announced today:
Customers can order the Xtreme Recon Package on the Jeep Wrangler Willys 3.6L eTorque starting in October. Production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant will start in December.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
No rear locker on Willys. No changes other than the standard Recon stuff.

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 23, 2021 --

• Jeep® Wrangler Willys with Xtreme Recon Package offers 35-inch tires straight from the factory
  • Equipped with the $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package, Jeep Wrangler Willys joins Wrangler Rubicon and Wrangler Rubicon 392 to deliver best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability
  • Customer orders open in October for Wrangler Willys with Xtreme Recon Package, with production starting at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant in December
Today at the 2021 Detroit 4Fest, the Jeep® brand bolstered the Wrangler's legendary 4x4 capability and go-anywhere attitude, announcing the 2022 Wrangler Willys with the Xtreme Recon 35-inch tire package.

Priced at a U.S. manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $39,435 (plus $1,495 destination charge), the 2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys with the Xtreme Recon Package includes:

• LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
  • 17-inch by 8-inch beadlock capable wheels
  • Swing gate reinforcement
  • 4.56:1 axle ratio
  • 1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks
  • Anti-lock four-wheel-disc performance brakes

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
From the 2022 Willys XR thread:

Customers can order the Xtreme Recon Package on the Jeep Wrangler Willys 3.6L eTorque starting in October. Production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant will start in December.

Assume that applies to all models - but think we already knew that rough timetable.

Overactor

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoever told you that is clueless..lol.. So Jeep will not be taking any orders for 3 months…lol
No clue Id imagine so as I was told I couldnt order a Gecko green Willys and I did.

Overactor

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought they stopped allowing Gecko Green orders already? :movember:
That is what the Salesman at the first dealership I talked to told me. That Gecko wasn't available and that orders ended last week. The dealer ship I ordered from was able to get it. Was put into D status this morning. I just put my deposit on it yesterday.

thereisonly1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Hmmm... From Jeep.com I see all their models, but when I click on Wrangler the only option I get from the subsequent page is the 4Xe. Not a big deal for me. I'm not buying right now. I was just curious about building various 2 doors. Previously it was easy to navigate to any vehicle I wanted to build. ??? I clicked on Wrangler, not the Wrangler 4Xe.

Jeep.com1.jpg

Jeep.com2.jpg

Jeep.com3.jpg

Update: I was able to navigate to other wranglers other than the 4Xe by selecting "Build & Price" at the bottom of the page. Weird that I can't get past the 4Xe from higher up. I used to be able to select whatever vehicle I wanted.

Jeep.com4.jpg
I noticed this about a month ago. I think it is because they are requiring the 4xe to be ordered in CA, and not in other states. My friend in Ohio could still order other models.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
No rear locker on Willys. No changes other than the standard Recon stuff.

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 23, 2021 --

• Jeep® Wrangler Willys with Xtreme Recon Package offers 35-inch tires straight from the factory
  • Equipped with the $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package, Jeep Wrangler Willys joins Wrangler Rubicon and Wrangler Rubicon 392 to deliver best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability
  • Customer orders open in October for Wrangler Willys with Xtreme Recon Package, with production starting at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant in December
Today at the 2021 Detroit 4Fest, the Jeep® brand bolstered the Wrangler's legendary 4x4 capability and go-anywhere attitude, announcing the 2022 Wrangler Willys with the Xtreme Recon 35-inch tire package.

Priced at a U.S. manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $39,435 (plus $1,495 destination charge), the 2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys with the Xtreme Recon Package includes:

• LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
  • 17-inch by 8-inch beadlock capable wheels
  • Swing gate reinforcement
  • 4.56:1 axle ratio
  • 1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks
  • Anti-lock four-wheel-disc performance brakes
I wonder if the front Dana 30 is upgraded? Interesting. 🤔

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I wonder if the front Dana 30 is upgraded? Interesting. 🤔
I would be really really surprised if it doesnt have a short d44 up front. Diesel, 4xe and JT sport with tow package have it.

On the other hand. Lots of people running 35s on the d30 and it can handle the big tires just fine, specially with an open diff. So it is entirely possible, yet unlikely imo.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
My money is on the Dana 44 front axles also I would be shocked if it isn’t seriously!! all the Gladiators have the Dana 44 stock front correct? Also so do all the diesel Wranglers due to weight so I would be shocked of this package doesn’t include them and in typical Jeep fashion they never seem to disclose everything..lol

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I noticed this about a month ago. I think it is because they are requiring the 4xe to be ordered in CA, and not in other states. My friend in Ohio could still order other models.
But, about a week before only seeing the 4Xe when I clicked "Wrangler", the results I would get was 4Xe and 392. One extreme to the other, so I don't think it's a California issue.

In any event, at least I'm not the only one seeing this. :)

Ddivinia

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
I want to order a Gecko Rubicon. Maybe I missed the boat on it.

D.
Sponsored