James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I haven't gone off-roading around here. We have a camp in St Mary's PA and there's some fun trails up there. Would love to learn about more local options though

20210731_071755.jpg
Yeah same, it’s been a struggle… everything seems to be central pa which I don’t mind a few hours drive every once in awhile but I wish I could find more local places… I’m curious to know if there are any trails up in the like Ohio Pyle area… been wanting to take the jeep up there to at least hit the natural water slide or something but if we could off-road also that’d be great! Nice jeep btw!
Sponsored

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
Was browsing vanity license plates and came across Blue mountain Jeep alliance. Is anyone apart of this?

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Was browsing vanity license plates and came across Blue mountain Jeep alliance. Is anyone apart of this?
I am not a member, but have run into this group in the past (at the Hamburg Wawa) on my way to RC. They seem like a nice bunch of people. There is also the Jeep Enthusiasts of Eastern PA. They seem to be a pretty active group.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I am not a member, but have run into this group in the past (at the Hamburg Wawa) on my way to RC. They seem like a nice bunch of people. There is also the Jeep Enthusiasts of Eastern PA. They seem to be a pretty active group.
My son and I went out to AOAA a few weekends ago and did a Green Trail ride with the crew from Offroad Consulting. We met a couple on the ride that were members of Jeep Enthusiasts, and they were nice people.

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
They call it “the slags” it’s old slag deposits and it has a variety of difficulties but all of it is mostly on the beginner side of things so definitely could take the fam. It’s also technically private property with no trespassing signs but people are there constantly taking their jeeps, atvs, dirt bikes, side by sides, and it’s a fairly large area too that’s fun to explore, I’ve been goin there for years and still haven’t checked out every trail there is. But it’s right on the border of plum and monroeville. I used to take my stock 04 and 05 grand Cherokees there and always had a blast. Even more fun with the wrangler now!

Here are a few photos of my jeeps at the slags:
B3FEDF3A-3567-423B-B3C3-06C26B4D1665.jpeg

4C0DCAA2-45A2-49B2-B687-97D3D29A9D6F.jpeg

1896DA78-BE7D-4C04-8E62-C44522974A8E.jpeg

630BC3C6-179F-404E-B460-EF8E157D3ADF.jpeg

C80E1B11-42DA-4B8A-B83C-5DDF3C3E5ACF.jpeg

unfortunately don’t have any pics of the wrangler at the slags since getting my lift and tires but I will soon!
I have to check this out in the spring!

Sponsored

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JAF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If anyone is looking to jump on some local rides/trails. Here are a few Pittsburgh based FB groups that regularly have events. I'm not a member of any of the clubs, just follow them on FB and have gone on a few rides. Seems like there is always something going on. Just check the events tab.

Pittsburgh Overlanders
Independent Off-Road
Mon Valley Jeepers
724 Jeepers
Tri State Overland
Central Pa Overland
412JeepCrew
Western PA Jeeps

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is looking to jump on some local rides/trails. Here are a few Pittsburgh based FB groups that regularly have events. I'm not a member of any of the clubs, just follow them on FB and have gone on a few rides. Seems like there is always something going on. Just check the events tab.

Pittsburgh Overlanders
Independent Off-Road
Mon Valley Jeepers
724 Jeepers
Tri State Overland
Central Pa Overland
412JeepCrew
Western PA Jeeps
Thanks for the information! Unfortunately I'm not on social media due to security and privacy issues (a stalker) I am looking into joining some of the Jeep clubs in the Greater Pittsburgh area

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the things that I've been thinking about and it would be fun would be if those in the Greater Pittsburgh/Allegheny County area would consider or would like to get together every now and then at some agreed upon restaurant for a Jeep night. We could all get together, enjoy a good meal, trade stories, show off our Jeeps, talk about mods, etc......... It wouldn't be about starting another Jeep club, just getting together for some fun over a good meal. What do you all think about doing this sometime. I'm thinking Greater Allegheny county area/Beaver/Butler/Westmoreland/Washington county. If I mised any counties that encircle Allegheny county my appologies!

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

One of the things that I've been thinking about and it would be fun would be if those in the Greater Pittsburgh/Allegheny County area would consider or would like to get together every now and then at some agreed upon restaurant for a Jeep night. We could all get together, enjoy a good meal, trade stories, show off our Jeeps, talk about mods, etc......... It wouldn't be about starting another Jeep club, just getting together for some fun over a good meal. What do you all think about doing this sometime. I'm thinking Greater Allegheny county area/Beaver/Butler/Westmoreland/Washington county. If I mised any counties that encircle Allegheny county my appologies!
That would be excellent. I graduated from Duquesne so I am always looking for a reason to come back to the 'Burgh.
Sponsored