werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you have not read the numerous other forum post here or on other forums Pennsylvania Inspection laws require the factory doors to remain on a Jeep unless off-roading. House Bill 1240 would amend this law to make it legal to remove the doors on a Jeep. Below is my current situation and how you can actively help right now to get his fixed.

So I recently moved back to PA, still have NC plates on my Jeep and was pulled over a few days ago for no doors in New Oxford. I was given a verbal warning this time even though I had exterior mirrors on and my vehicle is still registered in NC.

I spoke to my representative, Rep. Moul about Bill 1240 and he supports it and wants to see it passed. Right now the bill is still stuck at the Transportation Committee. Everyone needs to contact Representative Hennessey in charge of the Transportation Committee to voice your support and get the bill moving again. After it moves from the Committee it will be voted on in the House. We can make this happen so next year when the weather is nice we don't have to worry about this again.
Sponsored

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Just joined the forum. Any updates on this topic?

OP
OP
werewolf4805

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just joined the forum. Any updates on this topic?
Nothing yet. I never heard back from the other reps, but it would always help for you to reach out as well to your representative and voice your concern.

OP
OP
werewolf4805

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
From what I saw in another thread, contacting your local rep does nothing unless/until it gets out of the transportation committee for a general vote. You must contact those on the transportation committee first, to kick it along. It would be awesome for those whose local reps are on the transportation committee to contact them as I am sure a rep would be more responsive to his/her constituents. Here's the link:

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/cteeInfo/index.cfm?CteeBody=H&Code=38

Also, I recommend you post in the other threads in this forum about running no doors in PA to gain more visibility here as I know I don't check this forum frequently.
Sponsored