:tumbleweed:

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
Fellow central Pennsylvanian, checking in!

MburgJL, way to start the thread. I had no idea you were so famous!

Sponsored

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
PA thread starter. I'm in central PA. Where do people wheel besides Rausch Creek?
Hey - I'm in the Mechanicsburg area as well! Picked up my JL at Brenner in February. I've never done any off-roading before, but now that I have the Jeep, I'm interested in testing it out.

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
If anyone is interested, a couple friends and myself are planning a rausch creek run on April 14th. It'd be great to meet some local JLers and see those rigs in action! I'll be in my JK since my JL is still in the mail, but I'll try to keep up. :)

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
For those of you out near Reading, like I am, there is a new off road park!

https://readingoutdoors.com/

They just opened in August, and Off-Road Consulting helped them map all of their trails!

Their website is constantly updating, and I'm sure they're gonna be developing new trails over time, seems like a great local place. I plan to check it out once I know what's going on with my current JK (whether I'm forced to keep it or I can upgrade to the JL).

jeeperJB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys
Hey Toren and Bill sounds like fun. April 14th is open with me now. Go to Rausch and AOAA several times a year. My ordered 2 door JL is still a thought at the production line also! If either would like to do AOAA let me know. Cheaper and more easy trails for starters.

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys ever do a class with Off Road Consulting? I was thinking about doing one of those sometime in the Spring.

Sponsored

jeeperJB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys
Did you guys ever do a class with Off Road Consulting? I was thinking about doing one of those sometime in the Spring.
While I have not taken a 101 or 201 class from them, I have done several of their rides. Great group of people!

sadass

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98. 5.9 ZJ 7"LA's F/R locked 2000 WJ DD
Occupation
Semi-Conductor Equipment Tech.
Vehicle Showcase
Man you guys are lucky out there in PA. I have taken my ZJ to RC a few times. Also broke down there a few times. You can see my 5.9 ZJ as one of the better Frog Hole stuck videos. She does not like that long road trip much anymore. I do Plan on taking a ride with my New Jeep JLUR as well as my Beta (Dual sport Bike) for a few weekends of fun in Pa This spring/summer. I have hit up some local trails around Scranton in the past over the years with some of the local resident wheeler's. I would like do that again. Also Before I go back to RC I am going to check out the new Readingoutdoor spot to change it up a little now that I will have a Jeep that will make road trips again. thanks for the Link
https://readingoutdoors.com/

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I have not taken a 101 or 201 class from them, I have done several of their rides. Great group of people!
I'm a total rookie when it comes to off-roading, so I thought it might be a good idea.

OP
OP
MBurgJL

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If anyone is interested, a couple friends and myself are planning a rausch creek run on April 14th. It'd be great to meet some local JLers and see those rigs in action! I'll be in my JK since my JL is still in the mail, but I'll try to keep up. :)
I'm good for April 14th:rock::rock::rock:

jeeperJB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys
I know you are looking to go to Rausch Creek on April 14th but another thought for new people might be AOAA. It has a lot more lighter trails and cost less than Rausch. It's about 30 miles northwest of Rausch. I would be glad to help any first timers out if needed.
Sponsored