Passenger side carpet removal

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I had a BBQ explosion and I need to remove the front passenger carpet and possibly the rear carpet. There is BBQ sauce everywhere. I am going to need to wash the carpet to get rid of the smell. I have most of the trim removed. It looks like there are grommets and you pull the carpet out from these. Do I need to remove the front passenger seat to get the carpet out?

2018 Sahara Unlimited JL.

Thanks!

Z
Sponsored

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
If I can share from my experience with a past car I had, not a Jeep, the time and effort, not to mention the money spent on cleaning products will be wasted. You'll never get it free from smelling bad. Mind you, this is a Jeep and more flow of air in the cabin...maybe...but I'd recommend putting your time and money into sourcing a new carpet on sale, and installing that.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just pull the carpet out and hose it down. No need to remove the seat.
I would get a gallon of simple green and the garden hose and go at it. It's a polyester carpet and should clean out completely, given enough detergent and water. Then hang it to dry completely before reinstalling. Not sure where you're gonna hang something to dry in MN this time of year without freezing.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Just add the smell of bacon and dog hair and you’ll have the classic Jeep smell.

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
I took my carpet out completely for this exact reason. It was not even a week after having my new jl that the wife broke a big bottle of wine all over the carpet. Tbh. I like it better without carpet. I use my jeep as a daily driver and for work. It's nice to just spray off the floor panels instead of having to scrub mud out of carpet fibers.

OP
OP
zmanz28

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Not sure where you're gonna hang something to dry in MN this time of year without freezing.
I'm thinking my shower or laundry room. Remove carpet before or after I take a shower?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer