Parts List for Parking Sensor Mounting

Noelskii

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Does the decoupler ring hold the sensor brackets in place? I went from plastic bumper to Mopar Steel bumper and I had to drill my own holes for the sensors. Brackets fit fine, but how do I keep them in place besides gluing them? Is this what the decoupler ring is for?

thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
The sensor bracket holds the sensor. The decoupled ring is a “beauty” ring around the sensor.

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does the decoupler ring hold the sensor brackets in place? I went from plastic bumper to Mopar Steel bumper and I had to drill my own holes for the sensors. Brackets fit fine, but how do I keep them in place besides gluing them? Is this what the decoupler ring is for?

thanks!
just reread your post. If you drilled your own holes, then yes, you will have to glue them in. After market as well as OEM have the appropriate pieces to mount the brackets into place.

Noelskii

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
just reread your post. If you drilled your own holes, then yes, you will have to glue them in. After market as well as OEM have the appropriate pieces to mount the brackets into place.
perfect. I can cancel the decoupler rings order and I can finish my installation tonight. Thank you!

have any pics of how these decoupler rings look like when installed?

Sponsored

Csarcon

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel, 2019 F350 diesel, 2018 Can Am x3, 2013 Prius plug in
Occupation
Transportation
For those with a Wrangler JL that have parking sensors and are moving from the plastic bumper to an aftermarket bumper that has the cutouts for the parking sensors, below is the list of parts you will need to mount the sensors. These can also be used to replace broken mounts from a steel bumper.

Sensor Mounting Bracket (center right)- Mopar (68295600AC)
Sensor Mounting Bracket (center left)- Mopar (68295601AC)
Sensor Mounting Bracket (outer right)- Mopar (68295602AC)
Sensor Mounting Bracket (outer left) - Mopar (68295603AC)

Park Distance Bezel - Mopar (6MH82RXFAB)
Park Distance Bezel - Mopar (6MH83RXFAB)
Park Distance Bezel - Mopar (6MH84RXFAB)
Park Distance Bezel - Mopar (6MH85RXFAC)

4x Decoupler Ring - Mopar (68289851AA)

I cant thank you enough for this post, went to a Genright bumper and tried to explain to my local dealer on the parts I needed (before having part numbers from you) and he was having a tough time finding them then wanted my vin number and could not understand that such number would guide him to the parts required for a plastic bumper which I was moving away from, after 30 minutes of him going nowhere I gave up and told him I will research it online and bring him part numbers, some people are just build to read off of a damn computer. Found your post that evening and went back to the delaer the next day and told him to order those parts. He still said those would only fit the bumper they were made for and not an aftermarket one then went as far as to mentioned "you wont be able to return them as we have to special order these things" implying I was ordering the wrong parts.
Thank you again for this info.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Keep in mind everyone there are 2 variations of this mod 1 is flush mount other is angled mount. Mine are angled 2021 JLU4XE

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Keep in mind everyone there are 2 variations of this mod 1 is flush mount other is angled mount. Mine are angled 2021 JLU4XE
Did you do a swap on your 4xe? I'm going to do one on mine once the new bumper gets back from powder coat

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

How do you know which part #s are for which variation, and which you should go with?

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Picked up the parts listed in the OP from my local dealership last night, total came to $50.60, for anyone interested.

Also, according to this video, there are a few additional bolts needed - has anyone else found this to be true, or is he mistaken?

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the parts listed in the OP from my local dealership last night, total came to $50.60, for anyone interested.

Also, according to this video, there are a few additional bolts needed - has anyone else found this to be true, or is he mistaken?

bolts may be related to bumper mounting, but definitely not needed for sensor mounting.

I have an SB Gen 2 XRC. It came with bolts needed for mounting and other than the parts listed in OP, nothing else was needed for mounting the sensors.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yes I did a swap on mine with a cavfab stubby. What fab shops usually do is drill the hole to match the steel bumper sensor size. On the plastic version sensors are flush mount and sit flat. The pop out with a flat head screw driver depressing a tab on the inner side. The angled version are directional and orientate in a way to sense in direction. They require 2 parts a ring and a back support ring. Buy only the OEM ones! There is a write up on the forum on which ones you will need and write on bags what location the go it does make a difference! There is also a YT on how to remove them with a flat head. It's not hard just take your time then perform a back up proximity text.

Did you do a swap on your 4xe? I'm going to do one on mine once the new bumper gets back from powder coat
yours either sit flush or angled. Parts listed in the forum if you do a search. I can dig up if you can not find. They are specific for each location.

DO NOT BUY the metal cloak "kit" they do not fit.

How do you know which part #s are for which variation, and which you should go with?
Sponsored