Sponsored

ParkSense Removal / Disable?

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the market for an aftermarket bumper and was curious if anyone else has the parksense option but decided to remove it. Does the dash go crazy or is there any warning lights or know of how those warning lights can be disabled? Thanks
Sponsored

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about indications if you remove the sensors entirely, but...

If you push the button on the dash to turn off park sense it will stay off permanently. You get a message on your gauge cluster every time you shift to reverse and start the engine but that is no big deal in my opinion. I do not care for backup sensors with a camera, they are just annoying since I can see what is going on anyway. Without a backup camera, give me sensors though. I was happy when I found out it stayed disabled, unlike ESS that comes back every time. I like ESS so I do not care that it will not stay disabled, just using it as a reference example.

Spitfire1745

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If you guys are removing your parking sensors set up and going to get rid of them. I'll buy the complete set up. O-rings, mounts, sensor, harness and all. I'll definitely buy it or if you know of anyone.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
I have he ace bumper it has the sensor spots in it, but to answer your question no it want go crazy you will just get a warning when you first crank up.
Sponsored