PARKSENSE UNAVAILABLE SERVICE REQUIRED

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
After a minor relocation of my rear bumper with an Arkansas rock, I now get the following message. PARKSENSE UNAVAILABLE SERVICE REQUIRED

I looked under the bumper and found where the wire looks like it has gotten pinched, then un-pinched after I pulled the bumper back. I think either a wire has gotten cut or shorted to the body. If it was shorted, I may have damaged something else, but if it was cut I may be able to fix it. Does anyone know if these sensors can be tested with a meter from the connector?
Sponsored

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
The sensor I'm not sure. The wire, yes. Strip a little of the wire back after the pinch and a little before it, and check continuity. I could be wrong, but I doubt there's enough juice in the wire to short and damage anything. What likely happened is some of the wires broke when it got pinched. The sheath with be intact, but the wire inside may be broken. If so, cut the break out and splice it back together. For sure the easiest and cheapest first step to take before you replace anything.

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
Just wanted to leave the final results for anyone who may care in the future. After pulling the wiring harness out where I could look at it, multiple wires were cut. After soldering all the wires back together, everything worked like it should again.
Sponsored