Park much?

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Uh oh. You have the Steering Issues that everyone is talking about. Better visit your dealer.
Sponsored

JeepDrvr2018

First Name
Montgomery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Retired Master Certified RV Tech
Hey Guys/Gals, my 2013 does the same thing. Every since I put new tires on it, it is not as tight as it was before. Tomorrow, having front end alignment checked. It's frustrating, because I used to be able to put this thing straight as a level, now not so much. Frustrated too!

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
Only way I can do it is by backing into a space while using the guidelines on the camera. It's pretty accurate that way. :like:
I thought it was just me! I picked mine up this past Saturday (6/1/19) and I can only back into a space straight using the guidelines on the camera!

shellster

First Name
Shelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4 door
glad it's not just me, Had the Jeep JL for a week now and can NOT back it up in the driveway straight for some reason. I'll get it eventually ;)

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
I may get a lot of passive aggressive jabs questioning my manhood for this, but here we go...

I would consider myself a perfectionist. I have exquisite hand-eye coordination, precision dexterity and an architect's sense of "line." I was born with an innate sense of balance and spatial awareness. But son of a bitch I cannot park my JL straight in a parking spot to save my life! I cannot figure out if the width is different front to back or if the design cues such as window lines are slanted. Am I really the only one who has trouble parking straight!? My wife's Tahoe, no problem. My old Jeep, no problem. Every previous car I've ever owned, no problem...
I bought 2 pairs of these, one for my permanent mirrors, one for my "doors off" mirrors, for my JK. Visibility on the JK sucked trying to see both the road when driving and the curb when parking. They work great and are super cheap.

Now I can easily see if I'm parallel with the lines when parking. The picture shows them in landscape mode but I put mine in portrait so I get a taller view which is what I need looking at the wheel line.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777JTJGJ/

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
this is funny as h*ll. i too coming from a no back up camera (07 grand cherokee) to having one. i all way back into a spot where ever i go. since having the jl for week, i have to admit that i feel like i'm parking a tractor trailer because i've had to pull forward and back in straighter the 2nd time. a couple of times. however i see the light at the end of the tunnel because i'm getting better. at least i think. who cares what others think.

Ransom

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I’ve been trying to give this back up camera a chance, but if I use it to help with backing into a spot...I end up having to straighten out. After giving her the old college try I’ve decided to not use it for anything other checking how close I am at the end of the parking process. Parking straight, no real issues, but I know what the original poster is talking about, something, maybe the fender sizes, is throwing me off a bit.