Park much?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I may get a lot of passive aggressive jabs questioning my manhood for this, but here we go...

I would consider myself a perfectionist. I have exquisite hand-eye coordination, precision dexterity and an architect's sense of "line." I was born with an innate sense of balance and spatial awareness. But son of a bitch I cannot park my JL straight in a parking spot to save my life! I cannot figure out if the width is different front to back or if the design cues such as window lines are slanted. Am I really the only one who has trouble parking straight!? My wife's Tahoe, no problem. My old Jeep, no problem. Every previous car I've ever owned, no problem...
Sponsored

Last edited:

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
lol . . its funny you bring this up.. because I am the same as you. Im not sure if its the extra visibility of me being able to see the hood/fenders or what. Coming from large hood Toyotas . I oddly still seem to over/under correct while pulling in to a spot. I think the Jeep is longer than it is I guess? I'm a little perplexed lol

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I may get a lot of passive aggressive jabs questioning my manhood for this, but here we go...

I would consider myself a perfectionist. I have exquisite hand-eye coordination, precision dexterity and an architect's sense of "line." I was born with an innate sense of balance and spacial awareness. But son of a bitch I cannot park my JL straight in a parking spot to save my life! I cannot figure out if the width is different front to back or if the design cues such as window lines are slanted. Am I really the only one who has trouble parking straight!? My wife's Tahoe, no problem. My old Jeep, no problem. Every previous car I've ever owned, no problem...
I play peekaboo over the driver’s lower window seal with one eye to line up with the stall line, works for me.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Dying laughing here because it’s the same for me when I pull into the garage—always slightly towards driver. It cracks my husband up.

Anything else is straight (even the Ram 1500 we recently sold), but the JL? Nope.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
First day owning I drove over some highway lane bumps to understand where on the hood the left and right tires lined up. Also, realize your are just left of center of whatever you see out the front window.

Sponsored

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
I would consider myself a perfectionist. I have exquisite hand-eye coordination, precision dexterity and an architect's sense of "line." I was born with an innate sense of balance and spacial awareness.
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

DeborahB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S

I would consider myself a perfectionist. I have exquisite hand-eye coordination, precision dexterity and an architect's sense of "line." I was born with an innate sense of balance and spatial awareness. But son of a bitch I cannot park my JL straight in a parking spot to save my life! I cannot figure out if the width is different front to back or if the design cues such as window lines are slanted. Am I really the only one who has trouble parking straight!? My wife's Tahoe, no problem. My old Jeep, no problem. Every previous car I've ever owned, no problem...

BAHAHAHAHA I thought it was just me. I can’t get it straight backing in or pulling in front end first!!! It’s so frustrating!!!

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Firecracker Red Wrangler Sport JL
The lines of the hood threw me off for a while ...now I use the "windshield bumper" as my guide to make sure I am straight. Haha.
lol . . its funny you bring this up.. because I am the same as you. Im not sure if its the extra visibility of me being able to see the hood/fenders or what. Coming from large hood Toyotas . I oddly still seem to over/under correct while pulling in to a spot. I think the Jeep is longer than it is I guess? I'm a little perplexed lol

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can't park it straight at all. The front is a bit more narrow than the back. If parked perfectly straight, the distance between the parking lines of the spot and the front tires will be longer than between these lines and the back tires. Nightmare for us perfectionists :)

Sponsored

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I haven't had any problems so far. But, now that I've read this post I'm sure it ain't looking good for me...........;):LOL:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Must be a 4 door thing... :giggle:

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
From another old guy : no problem with our 2dr easiest vehicle I have ever parked.