Outside temp

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Noticed My heated seats and wheel coming on everytime I started Jeep. Got to looking my outside temp display is stuck on 34f, we had frost this a.m. so it might have got that cold but hit the 50s in the afternoon and still read 34. Everything else seems to working including heat and a/c. Any ideas to reset/ fix it?
Edit: It was reading ambient temp fine until today
Sponsored

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Ive had this happen before as well. The outside air temp seemed to take forever to update. I would be interested to hear if anyone knows what this is about. For me it rarely happens, but its been more than a couple times where I know its say, 60 degrees outside and the temp will be reading 45 or something for 20 miles.

OP
OP

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
really hoping I don't have a "bug, wife went to go to store last night and Jeep wouldn't start. It made a whirring noise but starter didn't engage. I did notice outside temp was working again tho. Tried remote start just to see what would happen and it started! I drove Her to store so we could keep it running. Got to a stop light and completely forgot about the ess DOH but it started right back up. Voltage stayed at 14v the whole time. It has started with no issue since. Cant figure it out
Sponsored