Sponsored

JLUR EcoDiesel - Service Electronic Throttle Control - CEL while driving at 112F outside temp

jlurd77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
While driving in I-8 from San Diego to Phoenix I observed that my water temp was hitting 224F and the outside environmental temp is at 112. My JLUR EcoDiesel throws a "Service Electronic Throttle Control" error. The jeep lost power and can't go beyond 60 MPH after that. However, once the Jeep is turn off and back on again, it clears the Throttle Service Error icon and power is back. The check engine light icon in the left side remains lit. My jeep has 2800+ miles on the clock.

I've notice that this particular error seems to be commonly mentioned but there is no definite resolution to it or specific cause. Sounds like a blanket error to de-rate the power output of the engine. I haven't made an appointment yet to my local dealer to check this issue. My concern is that they may not be able to duplicate the problem unless they drive the Jeep to a hot environment.

Now, my question - anybody knows if the radiator for the EcoDiesel is the same size/part number as the gas version? Is the radiator or the oil cooler adequate to expel heat at this outside temperature?
Sponsored

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I had this happen as well. I also had high coolant temps today while driving in 110 degrees outside. My tranny temp got to 212

OP
OP
jlurd77

jlurd77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
When I was back in San Diego, after a couple of days the check engine light somehow cleared itself. My Uconnect report did not show the error either. So I guess, I'll skip the dealer visit for now.