Sponsored

Order banks open when?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
If production of the JL starts in February, dealers probably won't see them on their lots until end of March.
No, he's still wrong, again, Production START date, NOT delivery.

Had he stated delivery that would be another story, as even a lot of the initial JLUs ordered in the first days the order banks will open might not be delivered until March let alone JLs because demand will likely be multiple times more than a typical Summer first orders, and production likely won't be at 100% on day 1, so the typical 6-10 weeks build time could very easily turn into 12+ just to clear the backlogs, and that's not even considering non-standard order like I usually place which invariably adds a few weeks to that time.

For whateve the reasoning, "not start production until March 2018" is incorrect based on stated timelines.
Sponsored

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
It doesn't take 6 weeks to produce a Wrangler. It takes less than 40 hours to assemble a Wrangler from beginning to end (maybe even faster with new production processes).

6-8 weeks is approximately how long it takes from ordering to arriving at your dealer. This covers actual assembly time, time sitting on lot waiting for transport, and time spent being transported (on truck or train) to dealer.
The factory does not start assembly until all the parts for a VIN is ordered from sub contractors or made at the factory. Assembly is just a small part of the production. I tracked my 2015 wrangler on the old Chrysler/Jeep VOT site. As all the parts come , you could track them. My 2015 shipped 2 days after completion and was at the dealer in 8 days.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I cant wait of the JT! Why wouldn't Jeep faithful want a Wrangler that can carry more stuff?

Me either.... I just bought a 2013 JKU a year ago, hopefully will keep me satisfied until I can score a JT (diesel of course)

JL's JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2018 JL
Not to bust anyone's bubble but allocation and ordering opens up the same time every month. About the 10th give or take a few days. So, if we are able to order in October, it will be the 12th. If it's November, it will be the 7th. Could there be options released before those dates to spec out, possibly. Most likely without pricing till allocation day or after. Then again, could be December with only pre specs shipped to dealers arriving in December. Impossible to predict FCA rhyme or reason.
Interesting info. So October 10 and November 7 are the dates to watch for the order banks possibly opening? What if it's December?

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
I called Koons Dealership, and the guy said Order Banks open sometime next month with production starting in December.
So now I'm confused...

Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I called Koons Dealership, and the guy said Order Banks open sometime next month with production starting in December.
So now I'm confused...
Are you in NOVA? I'm expecting Koons is going to have $$$ over MSRP as they always do on highly anticipated vehicles at launch. That's the main reason I didn't get my corvette there.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
So, how does this normally work with when buying in cash - do you give a few grand for the dealer to order the jeep then pay the rest when it arrives?

EDIT: Never-mind - it's no benefit to pay in cash when negotiating with a dealer on price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
EDIT: Never-mind - it's no benefit to pay in cash when negotiating with a dealer on price.
Cash can even be a negative since the dealership can't factor in, the bank kick-back they would have received otherwise.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
My 2015 shipped 2 days after completion and was at the dealer in 8 days.
Mine didn't ship from Toledo, until after I drove it home from the dealership. :captain:

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
Cash can even be a negative since the dealership can't factor in, the bank kick-back they would have received otherwise.
That is call the dealer reserve. A % of the finance charge is kicked back to the dealer when the car is paid off. But this does not apply to all deals. I get my car money from the credit union and the dealer has no cut of the finance charge. You can still negotiate a lower price on a cash deal. The advantage is that the dealer sells a car and does not have to wait 3 or 4 years for the loan to be paid off to get additional funds from the finance institution. The more cars they sell every month the more allotments they are awarded and they get a better discount from the manufacturer on their cost per vehicle. The dealer reserve is just icing on the cake for them. And I use to be a finance manager with BOA doing cars financing.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
I'm going to hit up a dealer this weekend and see what they say about the JLs.

Anyone hear or expect when "end of this month" would be? Does FCA typically open up banks on Fridays or example?

SMYYOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Rubicon
Occupation
Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I'm going to hit up a dealer this weekend and see what they say about the JLs.

Anyone hear or expect when "end of this month" would be? Does FCA typically open up banks on Fridays or example?
Don't waste your time. The next allocation is on the 7th of November. Not a chance they open up for orders before that. If by chance the options list and perhaps pricing comes out before that in the dealers's order systems, I'm pretty sure it will somehow get on this site to let you know. At that point, you should be able to spec out and put a deposit down. The order then won't be able to go through until the allocation for the JL comes out still....whenever that is.
Sponsored