Sponsored

Oracle Oculus Moisture

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@ORACLElights is this normal for the oculus bi-led headlights? Rainy day here today and noticed this after a short trip. Headlights were bought and installed in
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Oculus Moisture E1B0EF9B-A8A8-46A9-A1EF-320B41823EE1
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Oculus Moisture EE27BE5D-4748-478A-BD30-C377B8ED6B0D
Sponsored

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Nope, not normal... Can you send them back as a defect? They aren't sealed correctly.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Last edited:
OP
OP
skrubi12

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Yeah, I read that before about them fogging up after first install due to being made in Louisiana, but I’m nearly 8 months post install - seemed odd.
Gotcha. Couldn’t see you’ve had them installed for a while. Just trying to help. I know the lights have vents on them. Any chance you’ve got some winch wiring, or other mod maybe blocking them?

Hopefully they’ll jump in here to help out.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@rohdawg No worries man! I appreciate it. Where are the vents located? I’ll take a look.
If I recall correctly, they’re on the back where the height adjustment is.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
It’s normal for these types of lights to have some and I say some condensation but what you have is not normal but now you will have to do a circus act with Oracle to get things worked out, don’t get me wrong Oracle seems to be able to build and release some nice stuff but the warranty side of their company SUCKS !

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
@ORACLElights is this normal for the oculus bi-led headlights? Rainy day here today and noticed this after a short trip. Headlights were bought and installed in
E1B0EF9B-A8A8-46A9-A1EF-320B41823EE1.jpeg
EE27BE5D-4748-478A-BD30-C377B8ED6B0D.jpeg
Good Morning and sorry to see you are having some condensation in the headlight. We have posted before that this may happen initially when receiving the lights. More info at OracleLights.com/fog. I will be happy to message you separately on our warranty policy and ensure you do not "jump through hoops" to get this corrected!

Message coming shortly!

-Missy

Last edited:

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
It’s normal for these types of lights to have some and I say some condensation but what you have is not normal but now you will have to do a circus act with Oracle to get things worked out, don’t get me wrong Oracle seems to be able to build and release some nice stuff but the warranty side of their company SUCKS !
Sorry you feel that way. Our customer service team does everything in our power to follow the proper policies we have, located in detail on the site here, while also keeping the customer happy.

We will continue to offer the best possible customer service to everyone and provide any solutions possible. Thank you for your feedback!

-Missy

Sponsored

OP
OP
skrubi12

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Good Morning and sorry to see you are having some condensation in the headlight. We have posted before that this may happen initially when receiving the lights. I will be happy to message you separately on our warranty policy and ensure you do not "jump through hoops" to get this corrected!

Message coming shortly!

-Missy
Thanks Missy! PM sent

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
It's normal if it goes away. I still have this happen on my vehicles with OEM headlights...sometimes even just when I wash them...but it's always gone by the next morning.

That's the differentiator. If it's gone the day after the rain passes, then it's normal. If it sticks around then it's not.

OP
OP
skrubi12

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It's normal if it goes away. I still have this happen on my vehicles with OEM headlights...sometimes even just when I wash them...but it's always gone by the next morning.

That's the differentiator. If it's gone the day after the rain passes, then it's normal. If it sticks around then it's not.
Thanks! Oracle said the same thing. The said to check for pooling in the housing. So far so good but I’ll continue to check to make sure it goes away.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I explained this in another thread questioning these headlights but i'll add it here too:

Headlamps are NOT sealed. They can't be. They have to be able to acclimate to the environment around them, else they would instantly fog up on the first cool morning and stay that way. The trick is that they need to breathe without allowing moisture in and we don't really have a perfect way to do that. It used to be horn vents that did it, which were essentially tubes that faced downward and relied on gravity to keep moisture out. Newer applications use aperiodic vents that work very slowly, which is why you will sometimes see fog on the lens if the lamp has been subjected to a cool damp day immediately following a warm dry one, OR any other quick change in temp and humidity. It takes a day or so for the air inside the lamp to "sync up" with the air outside it.

I have this happen pretty frequently to all my vehicles in the spring and fall. Again, it should go away quickly. If it sticks around for a few days that means that either the vent(s) is/are clogged or there is a leak somewhere.
Sponsored