Ohio winter brine is changing

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So, those of us that live here deal with this crappy brine that ODOT puts on the roads because (insert whatever). I heard from my brother that ODOT is switching up the brine this year for one that is cheaper by 25%-30% BUT it is known to cause severe rust issues. Ohio knows this and they are choosing to still put this on the roads. I have both my Jeeps LineX'd but I'll make sure to wash the underside of the Jeeps more often now.

I just wanted to let my fellow Ohioans (and anyone traveling thru Ohio) know that the brine formula is changing :no:
Sponsored

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I moved from Cincinnati a few years ago to Charlotte (Queen City to Queen City :)), and I have to say that I do NOT miss those winters and the accompanying salt nastiness. These mild winters are amazing, but I can empathize with you. I do miss Skyline and Frisch's though...O-H!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I moved from Cincinnati a few years ago to Charlotte (Queen City to Queen City :)), and I have to say that I do NOT miss those winters and the accompanying salt nastiness. These mild winters are amazing, but I can empathize with you. I do miss Skyline and Frisch's though...O-H!
I did a 7-year sentence in Cleveland. Unclean City-to-Queen City. Two least favorite words were always 'lake effect.'

Howdy, neighbor.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Buy CRC-656 marine by the gallon and put it in a spray bottle and go nuts and spray everything, including electrical connections. I have done this for years on my 09 jeep and after 10 years and 200K miles I still have no rust. I even drove through a ton of saltwater in the outer banks as well, including hurricane Mathew. I also use it in my waverunner that is now approaching 20 years old and it to
has no rust and is used only in saltwater. Fluid Film is great too, but is thicker and more expensive. I use both, but CRC is easier to spray.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-06008-Marine-Multi-Purpose-Lubricant/dp/B0000AY2HN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3DL6EZG5EE7A5&dchild=1&keywords=crc+656+marine+lubricant&psc=1&qid=1571428460&sprefix=crc+656+marine+lubricant+6+pack,aps,122&sr=8-1

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Glad you made it to the real and only Queen City, CHARLOTTE :flag::jk: :rock:

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Another reason to move out of this boring state. I'm so close.
I used to think that "it's not where you are but who you are", and while I think that's mostly true I will say that a change of scenery (mostly a change of weather) can make a world of difference. It's great being so close to the mountains and the beach, and the warmer climate is a welcome change.

No hate for Ohio, but I can't say I really miss much about it either. I'm sure the timing needs to be right for you but I feel confident you won't regret the move. Best of luck to you!

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Ha! You guys are cracking me up. I live in CA (no salt per se) but I LOVE visiting Ohio! I suppose the grass is always greener (or salt is always...more briney?).

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Time to move to Florida with the rest of us Irish lads!
half my family is in FL now. I thought about it but I need to be close to the action. Out west is calling my name. I’m thinking CO or UT.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
I used to think that "it's not where you are but who you are", and while I think that's mostly true I will say that a change of scenery (mostly a change of weather) can make a world of difference. It's great being so close to the mountains and the beach, and the warmer climate is a welcome change.

No hate for Ohio, but I can't say I really miss much about it either. I'm sure the timing needs to be right for you but I feel confident you won't regret the move. Best of luck to you!
I’ve been here my whole life. When I got the Jeep it opened up a whole new realm of possibilities and interest as well as rekindles old ones - mainly the outdoors. One trip to CO has me hooked. The only thing holding me back are my kids. Would love for them to join me but the ex would never allow that.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
The Carolinas are “Twinner” states. Northern people move to FLA because it is too cold. Then, they figure out FLA is too hot and settle in-between, hence “Twinners” :LOL:

Or is it "Tweeners"? Damn if I know :beer:

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
The Carolinas are “Twinner” states. Northern people move to FLA because it is too cold. Then, they figure out FLA is too hot and settle in-between, hence “Twinners” :LOL:

Or is it "Tweeners"? Damn if I know :beer:
I've heard them called "halfbacks"
Sponsored