tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Hey, everyone!

Yes, absolutely still on for Saturday. I’m planning on being at the cabin around 10am.

Look out for my Jeep (picture bottom of this post). I’m happy to guide the group through the various trails and areas - easiest up to fun-but-still-easy. :)

Here’s my number if you’re running late and still want to join the group - 440-610-9117 - I prefer texts (or iMessage). Just let me know you’re from JLWF and if you need to call, leave a message as I get a shit ton of spam and don’t answer unknown numbers anymore.

04C488C4-E06F-4D66-A436-6B346076012D.png
Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Hey, everyone!

Yes, absolutely still on for Saturday. I’m planning on being at the cabin around 10am.

Look out for my Jeep (picture bottom of this post). I’m happy to guide the group through the various trails and areas - easiest up to fun-but-still-easy. :)

Here’s my number if you’re running late and still want to join the group - 440-610-9117 - I prefer texts (or iMessage). Just let me know you’re from JLWF and if you need to call, leave a message as I get a shit ton of spam and don’t answer unknown numbers anymore.
Cool. Works for me.

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I really want to go but not if it’s going to be a mud fest. Last I checked it was supposed to rain all week.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really want to go but not if it’s going to be a mud fest. Last I checked it was supposed to rain all week.
Chance of scattered rain every day. That's nothing. I think your good.

I feel ya though. Not a fan of mud either just for the simple fact that it takes forever to freaking clean off the Jeep afterwards.

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Chance of scattered rain every day. That's nothing. I think your good.

I feel ya though. Not a fan of mud either just for the simple fact that it takes forever to freaking clean off the Jeep afterwards.
I don’t mind some mud I just don’t want to be buried up the mirrors in it. Like you said, I hate cleaning it afterwards that stuff gets places you’ll never get out.

Sponsored

JCar

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Hey everyone. New to the group. I would love to join you on Saturday. Anything I absolutely need to bring with me. This is my first time. Thanks

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone. New to the group. I would love to join you on Saturday. Anything I absolutely need to bring with me. This is my first time. Thanks
Well, it doesn't sound like we are going to be tackling anything too difficult, so don't worry if you don't have a lot of recovery gear. Just bring what you have. I have and I think Tyler also has plenty of gear. Do you have an air source so you can air down and air back up after?

JCar

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Well, it doesn't sound like we are going to be tackling anything too difficult, so don't worry if you don't have a lot of recovery gear. Just bring what you have. I have and I think Tyler also has plenty of gear. Do you have an air source so you can air down and air back up after?
I do not have an air source. I may be able to get a little air compressor that plugs into auxiliary though before Saturday. Think that will work?

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not have an air source. I may be able to get a little air compressor that plugs into auxiliary though before Saturday. Think that will work?
if your tires aren't too big, that may be fine. I have a CO2 tank and am happy to share. I just don't know how much I'll have left after filling the 37's back up. it's a small tank. I need to upgrade.

Sponsored

JCar

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
One more thing. They say on the website for southington that you have to have a full size spare. I am running 35s but only have 4. One was stolen. I have the stock rims and tires i can throw one on the carrier. but it is a lot smaller than my current tires. Will this be an issue there do you think? I just don't want to go and be turned away. Do they check to see if spare matches? Or i can just put my stock tires and rims back on I guess. What would any of you do?

Last edited:

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not running a spare either, and I sold my stockers. I’ll call them later if nobody knows if this is going to be a problem or not.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi everyone,

On mud: yes, there is mud and you will likely need a car wash or a hosing down afterwards, however, two things - 1) you have to try to kick up mud to get really muddy. If you’ve seen photos of my Jeep after Southington, it usually only looks like that only after I’ve gone “mudding”. We don’t have to do that Saturday. 2) One of the trails, called Lower Rim, is full of water to slowly drive through and it’s a great opportunity to get some of the mud off! :) Otherwise, we will avoid backwoods and dunk tank specifically so that no one gets buried or gets stuck in mud up to their axles.

On spare tires: I wouldn’t worry about the “rules” on their site... you would take a chance riding without a spare in general. None of the trails well hit or things we’ll go through would stress a tire enough to cause damage. Pretty sure it also says no drinking and wear seatbelts on the trail too and well... that happens anyway so..

On gear: I have a winch, snatch strap and hooks - yes, I have used them here - no, we will not be needing them with would be we’re doing. I assume this is mostly people who are new or have new Jeeps and don’t want to mess them up so I’m planning on taking it very lightly. If later on, someone wants to try and get stuck with me, we can definitely do that! Otherwise, you won’t need it, but I have it. I also have a compressor* I’m happy to lend out but I’d also say airing down isn’t 100% required. It most, it would make the ride more comfortable.

*I’m referring to a small portable 12v thingy when I say air compressor. I only air down to 20s and back up to low 30s and it does take a few minutes per tire (33s) but again, happy to lend it out of needed.

I did leave my cell number in an above post - just a reminder again for folks, if Saturday at 10am is good for you, but you’re running late or whatever, let me know and we can wait.

Lastly, I’ll just say again that the trails are fairly short and easy to get through and we’ll take them one at a time. My goal is safety followed by fun and fun will be had, safely!

Last edited:

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, everyone!

Checking in - who’s going tomorrow? I will be there around 10am. Check-in is at the cabin so I’ll be hanging out there for a little while. Any questions, let me know!