Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Agree

Agree here too - **if we're talking about about braking just one wheel and not both***. If you apply the e-brake to both wheels then the rear wheels will see no traction differential. Brake applied or not the rear will behave the same.

I have cutting brakes on my TJ. If I have the front lockers locked and the rear lockers off and apply the left rear brake on a left turn then I have a tighter turning radius vs not applying the brake.

This is a very cool feature to have. For most people on this forum the main benefit would be to perform fewer k-turns and that's about it. I give Ford props for adding to the Bronco. At the very least it shows they are paying attention :)
Ford Simply had no choice, it was the only way they could match the already good turning radius of the JL. Fords goal was to best all the Jeep Wrangler specs and the only way they could do that was to add 35” tires and turn assist. We know for a fact that even sway bar disconnected the Bronco barely beats The articulation a swaybar connected Wrangler has and doesn’t come close to the articulation of a Disconnected Rubicon. Unfortunately for Ford the Xtreme Recon has now turfed Fords attempt. The Xtreme Recon wider HD front axle still allows A lot of room to turn with the bigger tires And not affect the original turning radius. From what I’ve seen in comparisons so far even with turn assist the Bronco 2dr doesn’t turn any sharper then a 2dr JL.
Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I've got a Subaru Outback and as expected, the sales and techs at the Subaru dealers don't have a clue what the x-mode button does. I believe it's a little more aggressive with wheel spin possibly but it 100% changes throttle response. If anyone has ever driving a 5th gen Outback, I'm sure you already know the throttle response is not smooth at all, it's like doing a neutral drop every time you touch it. Hill decent control is okay at best. I find myself constantly adjusting the speed in the Outback though. I'm too fast, now I'm too slow, now I'm too fast.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Trail turn assist on Bronco easily turns tighter than 2dr JL. I have driven both on trails and trail turn assist can pivot right around a tree.

It can be tough on trails, like lockers, drivers have to use common sense and respect as always.

I currently have JLURXR and FJ Cruiser with a lot of kit, both fun to drive. Those who think it is a competition are very 1 dimensional. Do you always order steak because it's the best? Let others know how wonderful/superior steak is?

Insecure reasoning. There are a lot of ways to enjoy trails... some with just boots.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
GOAT mode is the lamest shit ever. These fools gobble up the marketing koolaid without question.

To add: Offroad+ mode on the Jeep is perfect and makes sense.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Who's Tom Brady?

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Medicine for goat.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So in the Wrangler you don't fiddle with a knob, you just go ahead and full send it up the side of a hill. Easy! It just works.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Likely if you pulled the emergency brake on while in 4wd to do a tight turn you would have your turn assist.
That was how I got my LSD in my old TJ to
The Wrangler has BLD that does the same thing as A-trac. It activates the brakes with the abs system which helps to regain traction with the wheel that’s not spinning. It’s always activated.
I would imagine something like the tazer could hijack the BLD system to accomplish this.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I currently have JLURXR and FJ Cruiser with a lot of kit, both fun to drive. Those who think it is a competition are very 1 dimensional. Do you always order steak because it's the best? Let others know how wonderful/superior steak is?

Insecure reasoning. There are a lot of ways to enjoy trails... some with just boots.
Not certain I fully understood this post. Are you suggesting that we are comparing alpine free climbing vs hot dog eating?
We are comparing off road vehicles and their capabilities and the sometimes marketing only gimmicks that go along with each. I could be way off base (as I often am) but this is the kind of discussion I want to see on a forum (what are the technical merits of various vehicles and upgrades).

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Having owned CJ’s3&5,69&89 Broncos,and an 05 4R l can say my modded CJ5 was far superior in capabilities, but would have benefited greatly by modern selectable lockers instead of mechanicals, off road +, and 4 Auto for slick roads. They can keep hill descent and the other electronic gimmicks that may or may not function as anticipated with the resulting unpleasant surprises

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Not certain I fully understood this post. Are you suggesting that we are comparing alpine free climbing vs hot dog eating?
We are comparing off road vehicles and their capabilities and the sometimes marketing only gimmicks that go along with each. I could be way off base (as I often am) but this is the kind of discussion I want to see on a forum (what are the technical merits of various vehicles and upgrades).
I think some folks here are skewing the discussion and trying to compare these off-road modes and electronic gimmickry to good old locking differentials.
Bottom line is, there is NO comparison there. Electronic hokey pokey traction control systems will never be as good as just locking up the diffs so let’s just take the the Rubicon and SAS discussion out of it.
OFF-ROAD MODES are a gimmick for lesser equipped vehicles to help none experienced wheelers get through the trail.

SIDE NOTE: traction control on ANY car is pretty much useless and the first thing we turn off when the snow starts piling up on the roads and cars/trucks are stuck.
Sponsored