Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Hi all, I thought about putting this question under the QTDDTOT thread, but since there appears to be more than one shipping mode, I thought the question might be too much for a 1 sentence answer under this thread.

There appears to be at least 2 methods of putting the JL in Shipping Mode, one done in the interior, and one under the hood of the rig.

What systems do each disconnect? Are they essentially the same thing? Does anyone have documentation sources? I take it that one or more of these is available in other Chrysler brands?

Thanks.
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@RussJeep1

Hi all, I thought about putting this question under the QTDDTOT thread, but since there appears to be more than one shipping mode, I thought the question might be too much for a 1 sentence answer under this thread.

There appears to be at least 2 methods of putting the JL in Shipping Mode, one done in the interior, and one under the hood of the rig.

What systems do each disconnect? Are they essentially the same thing? Does anyone have documentation sources? I take it that one or more of these is available in other Chrysler brands?

Thanks.
Both videos you have posted are not going to do a JL owner any good.

First video is pretty much crapola. I have Facebooked the guy @brandonh, that did the video and told him so. The guy has failed to remove that You Tube video. You can only toggle SHIP MODE, as he demonstrated in that video, if the JL/JLU has less then 200 miles on the Odometer. Yes, pretty much useless.

The second video pertains specifically to the JK and not to the JL.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
@RussJeep1

Both videos you have posted are not going to do a JL owner any good.

First video is pretty much crapola. I have Facebooked the guy @brandonh, that did the video and told him so. The guy has failed to remove that You Tube video. You can only toggle SHIP MODE, as he demonstrated in that video, if the JL/JLU has less then 200 miles on the Odometer. Yes, pretty much useless.

The second video pertains specifically to the JK and not to the JL.
Is there a longer term storage method other than disconnecting both main and ESS batteries on the JL?

BruceDavies

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi a3
Thanks for sharing the video to put the JL in shipping mode. Actually I was looking for some suggestions regarding this as my brother has recently purchased the new brand which is likely to be shipped to Boca Raton (target place) with the help of Florida Transporter. I think that this video can help in getting the JL out of shipping mode too.
Sponsored