Off road pages. It’s time

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Let’s mobilize... post to @Jeep and @JeepCares (used to deflect issues with JEEP) tell JEEP this isn’t okay to customers.

Call it “regional roll out”, “4G/LTE issues”, and “trying to force update”, but these have all been failures. JEEP needs to fix this for JL customers. #OffRoadPages #OffRoadCustomerService #WranglerGate #FCACustomerService #JeepDoesntCare
Sponsored

GeoTracker

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
+1, I'm on round 2 of "We added you to the list. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the update to show up"

This isn't rocket science. Jeep could help us out by being upfront with 1) Conditions needed for update e.g. Clear cell? WiFi? satellite? signal. 2) Provide an alternate USB update path if possible. 3) More info as to why we're in an indeterminate state with when an update is coming e.g. SW is not ready, fixes in progress, rollout is phased and needs more time.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
+1, I'm on round 2 of "We added you to the list. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the update to show up"

This isn't rocket science. Jeep could help us out by being upfront with 1) Conditions needed for update e.g. Clear cell? WiFi? satellite? signal. 2) Provide an alternate USB update path if possible. 3) More info as to why we're in an indeterminate state with when an update is coming e.g. SW is not ready, fixes in progress, rollout is phased and needs more time.
Absolutely. There just needs to be an info push. I got the same “on the list” from JEEP as well. I can’t imagine what is taking 2-3 weeks beyond a keystroke...and no from JEEP is explaining it. A TSB would go a long way to providing some info and a timeline. I’ve also been told to reset my personal settings...and I’m not doing that a 3rd time. It’s time for JEEP to fix this or start handing out compensation for a feature that has been paid for but undelivered. The check had been in the mail too long.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely. There just needs to be an info push. I got the same “on the list” from JEEP as well. I can’t imagine what is taking 2-3 weeks beyond a keystroke...and no from JEEP is explaining it. A TSB would go a long way to providing some info and a timeline. I’ve also been told to reset my personal settings...and I’m not doing that a 3rd time. It’s time for JEEP to fix this or start handing out compensation for a feature that has been paid for but undelivered. The check had been in the mail too long.
I'm here with you guys my 2019 JLR had off road pages for a day. Contacted Uconnect but haven't gotten a fix.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
One dealership told me they could do the update. Another told me no dealerships can do the update and that I should check Uconnects site. I checked and my vehicle is up to date...

but no off-road pages still..

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@DToxic

It is an over the air (OTA) update and the dealer cannot do the update.

By the way, Uconnect's website said my JL was up to date. I checked numerous times and it said my JL was up to date. I called Uconnect and they said my JL was up to date. A week later my JL got the OTA update, and with it Off Road Pages. The update on my JL occurred weeks ago. ORP are still alive and well on my JL.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@DToxic

It is an over the air (OTA) update and the dealer cannot do the update.

By the way, Uconnect's website said my JL was up to date. I checked numerous times and it said my JL was up to date. I called Uconnect and they said my JL was up to date. A week later my JL got the OTA update, and with it Off Road Pages. The update on my JL occurred weeks ago. ORP are still alive and well on my JL.
do you think you calling them had anything to do with it? haha

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@DToxic

No, had nothing to do with my OTA finally happening..

Personally, I think it was a waste of time to call Uconnect. Is a waste of time to have JeepCares look into it, etc.. My feeling after dealing with them, is that they are lost in regard to the issue. Yes, they do a good job at apologizing and saying they will look into it. I base my opinion on the many forum posts regarding the OTA issue.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I patiently waited three months for ORP to be downloaded before I contacted Jeep Cares. Their response was very courteous...each week they promised that they would contact their IT people and have it downloaded. After the fourth week, the ORP finally showed up! For three days! Then like everyone else...it vanished and has never reappeared.
Do you think that by the time the all-electric Wrangler is available...FCA will have figured out how to deliver ORP?

djmason9

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bitcowsStickers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door Rubi, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Vehicle Showcase
I agree! i have been back and forth with my case manager and still no pages. I have strong cell service and sometimes just drive around for no reason hoping it will download at some point.

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I agree! i have been back and forth with my case manager and still no pages. I have strong cell service and sometimes just drive around for no reason hoping it will download at some point.
Don’t feel bad! We’ve had our Jeep since June and nothing, like so many others. It’s a big joke!

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have an appointment with the dealer this Tuesday (not the dealer where I purchased because I moved from NC to RI). The dealer has been linked up with a UConnect engineer to call when my JEEP gets there. They are mostly trying to figure out why the radio is not communicating with their server through cell connection. (I'm still on an older software version of the radio and didn't receive the update).

I'll post results on Tuesday afternoon.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
As I mentioned in another thread. I got a call from Jeep Uconnect and they said the Off-road pages should be back by December 15 and they would call me back to confirm.
Sponsored