Sponsored

Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude

Does your Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude working?

• Total voters

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Found another area above 90ft

20200531_121257.jpg
Its funny you posted! We took a ride "inland" from the coast to go to a friends family style diner in Myakka FL. I was using NAV for directions and checked the GPS and it was actually able 90' so I switched to ORP and there it was. Checked it on the way back too and it worked until I was at <90' elevation

Jeep Wrangler JL Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude IMG_1603

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I think you're on to something here as I just made the trip to the Skyway bridge. On the way over the GPS coordinates displayed magically at 134'. And just as you said when I was descending right at about 90' poof gone. On the return trip over the bridge the GPS coordinates did not show. But I think with me switching between the NAV and ORP screens may have something to do with that. Not to many other places here in the Suncoast that are 90'+ but I think you may have found the bug! @JeepCares may want to know this and bubble it up to the Uconnect engineers
Thank you for this! I will pass this information along.

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Had 28.3 installed by dealer. 28.3 did not fix long/late alt issue. Uconnect said another firmware will be released in 2Q 2020. Not much else to say.

Last edited:

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
28.3 did not fix long/late alt issue. Uconnect said another firmware will be released in 2Q 2020. Not much else to say.
Thanks for the update. You literally saved me a $100. Because I don’t have a factory installed 8.4 that’s what they would charge me for the firmware update

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
@JeepCares

I sent an email to the case manager that handled getting long/lat/alt working again. (There was a fix, but it was not incorporated into an uconnect update last 2Q/2020 ... like it was supposed to.) No response ... very unusual. Then I read on jlwranglerforums that there was a pending law suit against FCA for not delivering a working off road pages with long/lat/alt. Anyone else hear about this law suit?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares

I sent an email to the case manager that handled getting long/lat/alt working again. (There was a fix, but it was not incorporated into an uconnect update last 2Q/2020 ... like it was supposed to.) No response ... very unusual. Then I read on jlwranglerforums that there was a pending law suit against FCA for not delivering a working off road pages with long/lat/alt. Anyone else hear about this law suit?
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
Can you find out when the fix for the following case number will be available in Uconnect. It was supposed to be 2Q/2020. Apparently, the fix was postponed. This fix is for the Latitude/Longitude/Altitude not working in Off Road Pages for JLUR 2018. My Jeep will be out of warranty in 5 months. Thanks.

Case Number 71628242

From a previous post on page 3 of this thread:

"Dear JAMES JOHNSON,
Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Care.
Our records indicate that case number 71628242 is closed.
If you require further assistance please contact us and we would be happy to assist.
Thank you and have a great day.
FCA Customer Care"

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Can you find out when the fix for the following case number will be available in Uconnect. It was supposed to be 2Q/2020. Apparently, the fix was postponed. This fix is for the Latitude/Longitude/Altitude not working in Off Road Pages for JLUR 2018. My Jeep will be out of warranty in 5 months. Thanks.

Case Number 71628242

From a previous post on page 3 of this thread:

"Dear JAMES JOHNSON,
Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Care.
Our records indicate that case number 71628242 is closed.
If you require further assistance please contact us and we would be happy to assist.
Thank you and have a great day.
FCA Customer Care"
@JeepCares

Please respond to status of the case number mention above. I only have a couple of
months left on my warranty. Thx. :)

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL