Sponsored

Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude

Does your Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude working?

• Total voters

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares

Got an email response from Jeep/FCA "US_Customer_Care". They said my case was closed. I asked them to reopen the case because I never received the firmware fix. I'll call my previous Jeep Cares rep later this week to ask where is the fix for Uconnect 4 … and I will specifically ask whether the fix was diverted to the future Uconnect 5, rather than Uconnect 4C.

Yeah, I'll never forgot Jeep trying to prevent 2018 JLURs from getting Off Road Pages (they tried to divert the work to 2019 models, but 2018 owners made a big deal out of this and Jeep/FCA relented and provided ORPs in 4Q/2018 to 2018 owners). Unbelievable :(.

"Dear JAMES JOHNSON,
Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Care.
Our records indicate that case number 71628242 is closed.
If you require further assistance please contact us and we would be happy to assist.
Thank you and have a great day.
FCA Customer Care"
I've called Uconnect and ask them to inquire when this fix will be out. Normally, this information is not known ahead of time … the fix just appears one day. It's unlikely there will be a response, but at least the inquiry will be made.
Hi,

If you're unhappy with how your case is currently being handled I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
The case manage did get a reply from uconnect. The fix will be rolled out later this year and will apply to 2018+ JLs with 4Cnav 8.4" displays. This fix will NOT be deferred to the next uconnect (5?) … so that's good … we were worried about that happening.

Roll out reminds me how FCA rolled out OffRoadPages in 2018.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Just read that uconnect firmware 28.3 just came out. Needs to be installed by dealer. I'll try doing this and get back.

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
So I have found the bug that is making mine blank and im curious if anyone else wants to try it on theirs.

I can make mine work when the altitude is over 80-90ft .. being in FL that is rare. I can watch it work and count down, once it drops below that 90ft it goes blank.

you can see your altitude in the Navigation if you want to test it.
Open your nav, click "information" then "where am i" then "show GPS" you can see that information there.

I can make it work everytime I turn OFP on above that 90ft

Jeep Wrangler JL Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude 20200527_101822

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That is interesting! and reason for hope that there really isn't anything wrong with UConnect software version 21.10

Im in Sarasota 5 miles from the gulf coast shore line so elevation above 90' is rare.

After I upgraded from the 7" to the 8." in my Sport S I have seen it the GPS coordinates work twice. Once in my driveway after doing a fuse 97 pull but after shutting the Jeep off and turning back on poof - gone! The second time I was down by the SRQ mall, sitting in my Jeep playing with NAV and looking at that same GPS screen you have in your past. I then switched to ORP and I saw GPS coordinates show up! But I shut the Jeep off came back 5 minutes later and poof the GPS gone! Haven't seen since then.

I'll try to locate some higher ground and see if this works. But its still strange that you can see the GPS coordinates in NAV even if its below 90' but it won't populate in ORP. SMH....

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
That is interesting! Im in Sarasota 5 miles from the gulf coast shore line so elevation above 90' is rare.

After I upgraded from the 7" to the 8." in my Sport S I have seen it the GPS coordinates work twice. Once in my driveway after doing a fuse 97 pull but after shutting the Jeep off and turning back on poof - gone! The second time I was down by the SRQ mall, sitting in my Jeep playing with NAV and looking at that same GPS screen you have in your past. I then switched to ORP and I saw GPS coordinates show up! But I shut the Jeep off came back 5 minutes later and poof the GPS gone! Haven't seen since then.

I'll try to locate some higher ground and see if this works.
I don't know if just mine acts this way. But I've done it about 5 times now. Works for me every time.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is one time I was able to see the GPS coordinates at 78’. The highest point I have near me is the Skyway bridge. It’ll be worth the 35 mile round trip to see if it works. I’ll report back!

8CF09847-31F5-44CE-9868-5E2F05C5CEF3.jpeg

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Next week I'll ask Jeep specifically about Uconnect 4 vs 5 and if "--" fix will be in 4 and not 5.
Yup, the new Uconnect 5 based systems are, once again, new hardware. I doubt the JL will get it until a mid-model refresh. Fingers crossed it uses the same CANBUS version.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The fix will be a branded Mopar 87’ lift kit

Anyone know the elevation of the assembly plant? There was something early on about the nav system default to the Ohio assembly site.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a pic working when I got above 90ft. As soon as it dropped.. poof! Gone

Jeep Wrangler JL Off Road Pages Coordinates & Altitude 8CF09847-31F5-44CE-9868-5E2F05C5CEF3
I think you're on to something here as I just made the trip to the Skyway bridge. On the way over the GPS coordinates displayed magically at 134'. And just as you said when I was descending right at about 90' poof gone. On the return trip over the bridge the GPS coordinates did not show. But I think with me switching between the NAV and ORP screens may have something to do with that. Not to many other places here in the Suncoast that are 90'+ but I think you may have found the bug! @JeepCares may want to know this and bubble it up to the Uconnect engineers

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're on to something here as I just made the trip to the Skyway bridge. On the way over the GPS coordinates displayed magically at 134'. And just as you said when I was descending right at about 90' poof gone. On the return trip over the bridge the GPS coordinates did not show. But I think with me switching between the NAV and ORP screens may have something to do with that. Not to many other places here in the Suncoast that are 90'+ but I think you may have found the bug! @JeepCares may want to know this and bubble it up to the Uconnect engineers
Awesome! Thanks for the test! I've noticed once it disappears on me. I can't really get it back until a restart above 90ft again.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I concur. Lat/long and alt is in Nav/Info/Where_am_I, but not in ORP. ORP fix is in newly released uconnect firmware 28.3 … must be dealer installed.
Sponsored